Chapter 27 - The Confession

Y/N's PoV

It was the morning I eagerly waited for, but wasn't really ready to face. I dressed tensely as my mind wondered where V was. Didn't he say we'll see Tae today? Why wasn't he here when I woke up. I sighed looking at the mirror, curling my hair.
I ruffled my curls and adjusted my dress as I got up from the chair.

"Hi!" No...that's too plain.
"Hi Tae! I'm y/n..."

Urghh! I look so stupid...I groaned in a low tone practicing my introduction in front of the mirror.
I took couple of deep breaths staring at my reflection. Just be natural and calm, and take it as it comes I suppose...
I sighed and dropped my head down and stood still for few seconds.
Now Where's V...?
I came back to reality and stepped out of the dressing room.
I paused as soon as my eyes landed on the long thin candles burning on top of a beautifully decorated birthday cake placed on the bed.
V was stood facing the balcony.
I laughed to myself a little nervously, and he turned around after hearing me.
My eyes moved from the cake to him, he stood still smiling at me.
V: "Surprise"
He softly announced in his deep voice.
My eyes widened as I remembered...
It was my birthday and I actually forgot all about it. It didn't even cross my mind as I lost track of time and was too concerned about meeting Tae. But he knew.
I smiled at him...
V: "Happy Birthday y/n..."
I had no words to say and just walked towards the bed and sat cross legged opposite the cake.
Y/n: "You knew?...It's so pretty... Thank you."
I looked at him, keeping my big smile.
He slowly walked and sat opposite me.
V: "Well...It's all yours."
He handed me the silver cake knife decorated with ribbons. I blew couple of times to put out all the candles and placed the knife on it to cut, but he gently held my wrist. I looked at him confused.
V: "Not yet, you need to make your wish to the angels, remember?"
My smile shrunk a little and I looked down.
Y/n: "You do that too?"
V: "Mm Hm, someone taught me"
He nodded looking at me.
Y/n: "I stopped making them 15 years ago..."
I mumbled as my smile fully faded.
V: "Why?"
Y/n: "Because the last wish I made never came true."
V: "What was it?"
Y/n: "...Tae..."
My eyes teared up as I uttered his name in my shaky voice.
He reached for my chin and lifted my face up to see him.
V: "They always come true."
He confidently uttered with his smile and placed a wooden box in front of me.
Y/n: "What is it?"
I asked caressing the smooth surface of the lid.
V: "Your wish..."
Y/n: "What do you mean?"
I was a little puzzled but also curious.
V: "Open it."
I lifted the golden metal lock and opened it. There was a red velvet gift box inside it. I looked at his face, he seemed a little tense.
Y/n: "Is this for me?"
V: "Yes, it's been waiting to be opened for a long time."
He got off the bed and stood up as he spoke.
My smile slowly reappeared on my lips.
I opened the lid of the red box that sat inside the wooden box without taking it out of it.
My smile disappeared in a flash as I saw it.
I gasped and almost forgot to exhale the air I breathed in. My lips parted and my eyes refused to blink.
The enchanted rose...
There it was...the red rose encased in a glass orb with sparkling dust of snow...
My eyes teared up as I looked at him. He was facing the other way.
Y/n: "Ohhh! How d...did you ....know?..."
My voice shook as I tried to deny the inclination that rose in my heart.
V: "That was the birthday gift my y/n wanted when I last saw her."
He softly uttered still facing the balcony.
Droplets of my tear fell on the glass orb and trailed down as I silently whimpered covering my mouth with one hand. I took it out with its box, only to be struck with more arrows of shock.
Y/n: "Toto..."
I whispered taking him out of the box. The pictures tucked away underneath him became visible.
Suddenly, my silent cry turned into louder sobbing. The shattered pieces of memories started to come together like a puzzle, revealing the whole picture, the truth.
Everything started to make sense...Still,  I tried to deny it, as if it was all just a bad dream.
Y/n: "No...no...this is not true... this is not...It can't be..."
I got off the bed and ran to him. I grabbed his arm and swiftly turned him around to face me. He looked at me with a somber smile and tearful eyes.
Y/n: "Where did you get all of this? How...How do you...?
Who are you?...Tell me..."
I muttered in frustration.
I gripped his collar tightly and pulled his face closer to me. My eyes acutely examined all over his face. How did I failed to see it all?
The top button of his shirt became undone, revealing the last missing piece, completing the picture.
The necklace with my name engraved on it. I froze like a statue with my eyes fixed on it. He stood still...
V: "Do you wanna see a magic?"
He softly questioned.
My tear flooded eyes slowly moved up to his face.
He took both our pendants and brought them together.
V: "If you put mine and yours together it makes a heart."
He revealed.
Y/n: "T...A...E...!"
My lips exclaimed soundlessly.