W E D D I N G N I G H T

XXIX

I GENTLY PULLED BACK MY VEIL and stood before him.

The act made me feel more naked than it had in previous moments. This act was different. This time was special. Matthew regarded me for a moment before planting his lips against my own. It was a shy kiss, a timid first act. "None of that," I whispered.

"I'm trying to be patient. This is the second time we've ever kissed."

"Third," I corrected. "And I don't want you to be patient." I kissed him back with a fervent yearning. Matthew returned the kiss with an impatient passion that earned a moan from my lips. Liquid heat coursed through my veins and sizzled in my core. I was drunk with the taste of him. The smell of sandalwood and shaving foam was intoxicating. We kissed desperately at the altar as if at any moment someone might tear us apart.

Matthew's kisses feathered down my neck, biting sensitive corners. Then his lips traveled to my breasts, which received ravenous attention. His hand pulled against my silken bust, exposing my nipples to the night air. I shivered. His mouth quickly enclosed around the right, licking and teasing. My hands raked against his auburn tendrils, and tugged from the pleasant touch. "Matthew," I breathed. After a few minutes of this heaven he moved to the left one and gave it the same delightful attentions. His tongue swirled enticingly, leaving mounting desire in its wake. I was slipping over the edge of sanity. All that existed were his kisses. His lips traveled back to my own, which met his with eager thanks. Suddenly, Matthew broke away. The act was so jarring, I nearly whimpered. His now black-blue eyes burned into me. "Don't stop," I pleaded. I was a slave to his touch now and I would do anything to have it.

"I wouldn't dream of it," he whispered against my lips. "I think it's time we move to a bed." The implication made my burning desire even hotter.

"Alright," I answered shyly. With a sudden swiftness, Matthew scooped me up in his arms. Realizing his intentions, I futilely fought against him. "You can't mean to carry me into the house like this." My breasts were still exposed to the world.

"These are how grooms carry their brides," he said. "You cannot tell me otherwise." He carried me screaming and laughing into the main house until we were in his quarters, where I was gently placed on the bed. The ardent kisses resumed, accompanied by a teasing caress. One arm of Matthew's draped around my waist, the other hand drew long lazy circles on my thigh, which climbed higher every second. His lips traversed along the length of my jaw, and settled near my ear. "Do you know how long I've dreamt of this?"

"Not longer than I," I said, and found that I meant it.

He lazily nibbled my lobe. "I've been dreaming about this since the first day we kissed," he whispered. The words made me shudder. "Holding you...touching you..." His hands moved to the back of my dress, expertly unlacing the strings in the dark of the room. "The thought of having you drove me mad, Rose." My dress fell in a graceful heap around me. He tugged it off impatiently. I was his, completely naked and exposed.

I busied my hands with undoing Matthew's shirt as his hands explored their newfound treasure. "I've burned for you Matthew." His cravat came easily. I moved to the buttons of his shirt. "You were right about that night after you kissed me, when I couldn't sleep." My voice quavered slightly. "I was positively starstruck." The buttons were loose now, and I couldn't resist trailing a hand down his chest before starting at his breeches. I hurriedly peeled them off, before reaching my prized undergarments, and ripping that away too. My knuckles inadvertently rubbed against his sex in the process, electrifying my fingers.