Chapter 8

Jake's POV

It was after school when I was one year away from graduation when I was going to a private gym alone. I was one of the trainers there. I did it in my spare time for fun. I  did my training as usual. When I was packing up I heard some noise coming from the other side of the gym. Following the noises I saw Zoya punching a punching bag like.her life depended on it. To make matters worse the thing was almost damaged and she was doing it with bare hands.

She was bleeding but her strong punches made me realise that whatever was happening to her was happening while she was absent minded. She looked so lost and most of all angered. I got to her  and stood beside her. "Zoya you need to.stop" I said but I felt like I was talking to myself. "Zoya you're hurting yourself stop" I said trying to.hold her arm but she used so.much force in pushing  me that I landed quite a distance away from her. Getting up I went behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist lifting her up. I carried her a good and safe distance  away from the punching bag. "Zoya are you okay?" I asked but she still seemed lost. "Zoya talk to me. What's the matter with you" I asked again but it was like she went numb. I needed to get her out of her own mind so I did the only  thing possible. "I'm sorry Zoya but it's for.your own good" I told her. I hesitated a bit but then finally did it. I slapped  her back to life.

She jumped a little because of the slap then looked at me. She ran her finger across her cheek tracing my finger and not even showing any slight pain.

"Zoya are you okay?" I asked with my arms on her shoulders. She looked at me for a while and nodded. "Thanks to.you now I am" she said smiling. "I'm so sorry I did that. You were unresponsive." I said. She nodded and looked  at me again "Don't worry I'm okay. I promise." She said crossing her fingers together  but quickly releasing because of the pain from the wounds she had created.

"Come on let's get you cleaned up" I said leading her to my sport bag where I always kept a.mini medical kit. After cleaning and dressing her wounds we both went out for coffee. After placing our orders we sat down at a table at the.end of the coffee shop.

"Now tell me everything" I said. She nodded and looked at me. "But first swear on me that you'll never tell.this to anyone else not even your closest person" she said. I swore on her but what she told.me after was something that was shocking.

"I know I should've told you sooner about her disorder but she made me swear on her that I wouldn't tell. I'm really sorry Dee" I said. Dillan had his head in between his knees with his arms.wrapped around them. James looked at ne and nodded. "I get it. Even if I was in your place I would've done the same thing." I looked at him and smiled.

"Can she be okay?" Asked Dillan in a very low voice.  "Yeah she can either forget the whole thing through medication which she was doing all this while or she have the memory erased from her but the problem is she could loose all her memory by doing so" I told him honestly. He kept quite for a while.

He then stood up then James and I followed suite. "I'll go ask her brother if I can see her ill be right back." He said to us we both nodded and waited for him outside.