Chapter 17

Zoya's  POV

"You need to be extra careful before your surgery. And I mean it" said Anderson while.pulling an injection. My heart started beating fast. "We never had to those before " I said scooting  closer to dad. And just wrapped his arms around me and started rubbing his hand up and down my arm.

"We didn't  have to do them before because we didn't need to.perform surgery" he said walking towards me.

"No no Andy don't do that" I said while waving one of my free hands. Soon I started kicking because he wasn't understanding. He exhaled deeply. "Boys this is all hands on deck" he said to the rest of the guys.

"Come Zoyiee its just one shot all we'll  go home" said Andrew. He held my legs. Andrew pressed his hands holding my thighs in place. Dad held my arms and Archie held  my hands. I looked at the needle and was just about to cry when  Aled called me.

"Angel" he said I turned to him. "Whose eyes are bluer?" He asked. "Mine" I whispered. "You can't be too sure I mean you haven't looked at mine " he said. I looked straight into his eyes.
After a moment "your areore.like sea blue and mine are like sky blue" I said.

"Yes they are. Which means we reflect one another because  noone knows whether the sky is blue or whether  the sea is blue" he said. "But I'd like to think that both are blue " said Andre. "I mean it doesn't make sense if one is blue and the other isn't."

Very just chuckled. "You can let go now" said Anderson while.doing some paper work.  "Wait what...you guys always something  new planned out" I said causing everyone to.laugh. "that's the beat part you don't know whose distraction is coming" said Andrew.

"Zoya no going out today. Stay in and don't move around too much. That injection is very fragile it doesn't need too much movement and your unreal actives. So stay put as a matter of factor behave like a 8month old pregnant woman. Eat alot and don't move around is all I'm saying in simpler terms."  He said still writing on the papers he was holding.

"And you misbehave I'll send the strict nurse to monitor  you" he said before  leaving the room. A second after he left he popped his head again into the room. "Listen twins no  funny business too" he said.

"Gosh!" The both said. "We're older than Zoya we can take responsibility  too" said Andre. "True I mean who doesn't. It'll be more like babysitting her" said  Andrew.

Anderson raised an eyebrow. "You sure you won't do anything funny" he said. The twins made the scouts sign and put one hand on their hearts. "Scouts honor" they both said.

Anderson looked at dad and he nodded.

"Okay then.lets get you home.Princess." Said Alex. I nodded but remained seating on the bed. After everyone left dad and I were the last ones to go out.

"Dad" and he turned to me. "How would you feel if you were me?" I asked looking at everything but him. "Well since I'm a princess I'd feel extremely  happy and -" I cut him off "no dad not that part" I said.

He got the hint and sat next to me again. "Oh baby. If I were you I'd feel proud of myself. I'd feel proud that  even thou I  was only 8. I  was able to take the leap and save the ones you love the most. And most of all whenever  i'll look at them  I'll curse anyone who tried to hurt them." He said.

He put his hand in my hair and began playing with it. "Listen baby , I know you think what you did was wrong and you're suffering from it. But that's not the case. You'd just sent your mind up when you wanted to protect us and you weren't emotionally  prepared  for it." He said and kissed the top of my head. "And just so you know. I am more than proud of what you did that day. And I do not think of any of the outcomes. The only outcome I cherish was I was able to watch you grow  into a beautiful  lady that you are" he said. "And this ....this is just a phase my dear. It'll pass and you feel like nothing happened at all. You'll see" he whispered the last part. I just nodded and stayed in that comfortable silence wondering why in earth some children would run away from family. After all family is supposed to be what guides and supports us every step.of the way.