Chapter 60

Archie's POV

"I'm so sorry" I whispered  to her and kissed the top of her head. "I'm really sorry Anna I just don't have any words to say right now. I -I shouldn't  have let him get so close to you." I said looking a Dillan who was just looking and Zoya who had her back at him. "I'm really sorry princess. I promise everything  will be alright from here onwards  going forward. Everything will be just fine" I said.

I held her shoulders pulling her away from me and made her face me. Her tear stained face broke my heart and I knew how much she loves Dillan but I really can't see my baby sister like this. Not anymore. She's been through enough pain. I don't want her to suffer anymore when I'm around. Right now I don't care what anyone else thinks. I just have Zoyas interest at heart.

"Now baby, look at me. " I said and she slowly raised her head and looked at me.  I wipped the tears from her cheeks and kissed her  forehead. "Now you love me right?" I asked and she nodded. "And you do know how much I love you  ,  right?" I asked again. She nodded again as well.

"Baby girl  I just want you to do one last thing for me." I said and she looked at me confused. "I promise that from whatever I'm making you do it'll all end up with you being happy Princepessa" I explained. 

"Arch " said Alex who was standing behind me with a warning tone. I looked at him and  then looked back at Zoya. "Zoya  from here on wards you will never not once come into any form of contact with any  Zelda." I said. She looked at me wide eyed as her body stiffened. "Promise me that you'll do that  for your brother" I said. She kept on looking at me and a new fresh set of tears started flowing  onto her cheeks.

"If you love me then end all relationships  you have with anyone connected to the Zeldas right now" I said again. "It's either you're a Rammos or you're  a Zelda. Choose right now" I said.

I was breaking inside with each word that I said but I maintained  my straight face not wanting to give of any emotion.

"Archie Luke Rammos don't you DARE!" Threatened  Alex who was now standing in front of me with Zoya in his arms. "Brother I'm doing this for her. Can't you see you can't give her up to someone who is just disloyal. He cheated her the moment he got a chance to do so. And if I were you I'd be agreeing to this right now. Zoya  need to have a normal  life which isn't toxic. Dillan has already created a toxic relationship  with her. The least we can do is save her from it. And I promise this won't be the end of it all" I said the last part looking Zoya who was just looking at me utterly shocked.

"Why would you make her decide that. She's our only sister for goodness sake. We should be supporting her every decision not making her pick sides on the people she loves" said another voice from behind us. I turned to see Anderson who was wearing his spectacles and was looking as angry as ever.

"Please Zoya is way too tired to be dealing with this cheating bastard" I said looking at Kai.

"The last time I checked Zoya and I were engaged just one step away from getting married. And whatever happened back at the academy that's for me and Zoya to settle and for you to not interfere just because you're her brother" said Dillan who was looking straight at me.

I chuckled darkly.  "You just didn't DARE.  Talk to me like that. After everything you've done. You have the guts to  tell me  how to handle my responsibilities." I said. "Kai the last time I checked. You're the one who need mentorship  on how to handle his own relationships." I said and turned to Zoya.

"So princess , what's it going to be. Your family or your lover" I said. She just kept quiet.

"Why are you even doing this Archie. You're the one who is now creating toxic relationships for her." Said Alex.

"No Alex I'm doing something that should've been done a long time ago." I said.

"So you're making Zoya choose between two of the most important  families to her.?" Asked Anderson. "That's just not fair Arch stop being stubborn. They'll go through their differences." He tried to explain.

"That's something that never going to happen. Once you get a taste of something you'll always want more the same Dillan is going to keep on repeating whatever he did that night" I said pointing at him while talking to Anderson.

"And you think you're the saint who hasn't got a last relationship" Asked Dillan. "I wouldn't say that but at least I stopped but you just kept going on and on even after putting a ring on her finger.

"Archie , don't push it." Warned Alex. "Oh so now the one who's doing it wrong. I should've known then" I said and turned to Zoya.

"But I still want you to choose"  I said looking at her straight in the eyes. I knew I had cornered her and she didn't have many  options to choose from.

"And if she doesn't?" Asked Alex  who was now standing in front of Zoya. "If she doesn't then she has to walk away and never look back" I said.

"Who then  gave you the right to decide that? " Asked  a voice I knew all to well. I mentally cursed myself at this point.

"Did you give birth to her." She asked walking straight up to me looking fierce that I felt my cold wall crumbling crumbling in her absence.

"If this is what you meant by protecting her when you talked to her the first time she was born. Then I'd have preferred that you didn't say anything on that day itself. But since we can't turn back time. Archie Luke Rammos  I'd prefer  it very much today if you'd go vent your anger elsewhere  and keep your mouth shut." Said mom looking me like she was ready to  make me meet my death if I didn't comply.

"It was nice  while  it lasted." Said a voice from behind us. We all turned and looked at Zoya. Her face held no emotions. The tear stained face was clear with no sign on any wetness.

"But it seems I've become too much for too many people to handle." She said again. She sighed and looked at me.

"I guess you're right. I should just walk away and never look back. After all. It's not like this is the first time that thought was planted into my head." She said and my heart began racing.

I felt beads of sweat forming on my forehead. My palms were now sweaty and my heart pace was increasing that I felt like it'd burst at anytime.

"Being a Rammos was nice very nice. It was heart warming. The thought of being a Zelda gave me butterflies. But I think  some butterflies are better left ignored. " she said and pressed her lips into a thin line.

"Have all the fun in the world without me." She said.

"I'm out"