chapter 2

Chapter 2: What Is the Most Important in the Twenty-First Century? Cheat!

This feeling of hunger was so sudden and violent that it threw Roy off guard.

A feeling of emptiness like a black hole came from his stomach, stimulating Roy’s mouth to secrete a lot of saliva. These droplets of saliva dripped out and fell onto the ground, corroding it and causing it to emit green smoke.

Roy did not give a damn about this currently. He could not resist his body’s physical instinct. He was so hungry that he turned his head to stare at the eggshell that he just hatched from.

This broken, ugly, and black eggshell was exuding an ‘I’m delicious’ smell, announcing its existence to Roy…

I can eat, right? Definitely so, right? Don’t some creatures devour their eggshells after hatching?

Roy really could not think of anything else that could relieve his hunger from the surroundings, so he could not care less as he grabbed a piece of the eggshell, stuffed it into his mouth, and chomped on it vigorously.

Kacha Kacha. Unexpectedly, Roy realized that the eggshell was not that unpalatable. It was like chewing on crispy rice. He did not know if it was because of the magma beach, but it actually tasted as though it was baked. It was delicious!

The eggshell that he swallowed finally relieved some of the hunger in his stomach. However, before he could rejoice, a strange memory suddenly appeared in his mind, stunning him.

This memory turned out to be a kind of inheritance from the eggshell. It was short and only told him two things—one was regarding his identity, and the other was about his name.

Roy was stunned because he found out from the inheritance that his identity was a demon!

This was really too difficult to accept. Roy did not even think toward the direction of a demon when he realized his body’s strange condition earlier. He was still guessing if he had rebirthed into some kind of monster like Godzilla, which would have been frustrating but also quite novel.

Now, however, the situation was worse than he imagined…

Shit, did they get it wrong?! I died saving lives! Even if the merit of saving lives isn’t enough to let me go to Heaven, become a cute, chubby angel holding a small bow and arrow, and shoot at pretty ladies, I should have at least been granted another chance at life! Why did I turn into a little demon?! Did I fall into Hell instead of making it to Heaven??

He cursed inwardly but was unable to do anything. Roy had no power to correct this error even if something had gone wrong.

“Bacronsha Meryer Lacdiren Stanlis Lundisha… Ramos Osiris?!”

A lengthy name appeared in Roy’s mind as he devoured the eggshell. This had to be his true demon name if he had not guessed wrongly!

According to the memory, every little demon hatched from an egg would obtain a name after devouring their eggshell. This name was the true demon name, and it was a mark imprinted on the demon’s soul that must not be disclosed to anyone. If there was need, they could generally take a segment of their name from the whole string.

The reason why the true demon name had to be kept a secret was that once it became known to someone else, that person could bring indelible damage to the demon through special means! The disclosure of the true demon name was an immense threat to their survival! It was a common weakness among all demons!