chapter 101: frozen ghost ship

His subordinates had all jumped into the sea and fled. Although Captain Reid was cursing at them for not being loyal, he could not escape with them.

After being angered, Cassandra’s full attention was on Reid.

Reid looked for an opportunity as he held the cross. Using it like a dagger, he stabbed it into Cassandra’s bones. Unfortunately, it was useless! The cross in his hand only had the shape.

Many people simply did not understand that the reason why crosses could exorcise evil was not because of their appearance but because of the holy power contained in them! It was not like a cross made with just two pieces of wood could produce the power of holy light out of thin air. Only crosses blessed by holy power were effective.

On this point, the church had fooled many people. Although many people might not encounter evil things in their entire lives, once they encountered one, this knowledge would only harm them.

The cross stabbed into Cassandra’s body, but it did not have the desired effect. Instead, Cassand grabbed his hand, and the frost power spread and froze his entire arm.

Reid was a ruthless man. Seeing the frost spreading to his body, he made a prompt decision. His left hand slashed at his arm and cut off the right hand so that he could leave Cassandra’s control.

In the midst of the agony, he subconsciously waved his cutlass and swept it at Cassandra. Surprisingly, it actually worked, and he broke a few of Cassandra’s ribs.

Although she did not feel any pain, she still subconsciously backed away.

After realizing that physical attacks were effective, Reid became energetic. He gritted his teeth and stepped forward, wanting to chase after Cassandra.

In the sky, Roy could no longer bear watching. Although Cassandra was a lich, this was her first real battle. Roy wanted to train her, but he found that she had made a lot of mistakes. As an undead, what was there to be afraid of breaking a few bones?

On the other hand, the pirate captain seemed to have rich combat experience. He actually seized the opportunity to counterattack, causing Cassandra to become flustered. She even subconsciously retracted her frost power.

“Fat Tiger, go down and help her!” Roy said to Fat Tiger, who was flying around him.

Fat Tiger howled and dived toward the deck.

Reid chased after Cassandra and realized that this undead was not as difficult to deal with as he imagined. As long as he could kill her here, his prestige on this ship would immediately soar. Furthermore, he would have more capital to boast, and when people mentioned him, they would mention his title of ‘Undead Killer’. Perhaps he could even use this opportunity to become an existence comparable to the Nine Pirate Lords.

Just like how there were five of the Four Heavenly Kings, there were ten of the Nine Great Pirate Lords. Was this not normal?

Just as Reid was feeling happy, the pirate ship suddenly shook violently. With a bang, a huge object fell on the deck behind him, causing the entire ship to sink, as if it were about to be pressed into the sea.

When Reid turned around to see what was going on, his entire body froze.

Not because he was frozen by Cassandra’s frost power, but because after seeing what had fallen behind him, all the cells in his body were sending strong danger signals to his brain.

He did not dare to move; he really did not dare to move now! Because behind him, a huge hellhound was staring at him!

Fat Tiger did not do anything. His three heads only looked at Reid with a threatening gaze. The one who really dealt him the fatal blow was Cassandra, who had recovered from her shock. She seemed to feel slightly ashamed of having been forced into such a state by a pirate. If this continued, how would she be able to complete her revenge?