chapter 45: building a city

After the completion of the pouring of mercury into the magic formation, Xeron appeared at the crater.

He stood at the edge of the magic formation as his hands began to glow, and his mouth changed something softly. After a while, the magic formation started to glimmer.

Xeron suddenly stomped his demon’s hoof onto the ground. A loud noise reverberated, and the entire volcano began to shake.

Like a major earthquake, the entire mountain was shaking, and many demons fell to the ground.

The magic formation that Xeron had them fill was actually an amplifying formation. He used the effect of this amplification and cast the Earthquake spell, letting the magic penetrate to the bottom of the volcano.

“Retreat!” Xeron ordered. The demons gathered on the volcano ran for their lives. Even though they had lived in a world with volcanoes and magma, it did not mean that demons were not afraid of a volcanic eruption. On the contrary, demons most feared volcanic eruptions because they clearly knew the destructive power of volcanic eruptions.

There were approximately two hundred demons that Xeron had summoned. Shortly after these demons fled for their lives, the volcano, which had been affected by the seismic activity, reached its critical point and made a deafening roar before erupting.

Thick black smoke containing volcanic ash billowed into the sky from the crater. Due to the immense force of the volcanic eruption, numerous large and small burning stones spewed out of the volcano and flew in all directions like fairies scattering flowers. The sight was beautiful and terrifying. With the eruption, hot lava spilled out from the crater. The streams of fiery hot lava flowed down the volcano and burned all the trees and bushes along the way. Some little animals did not escape in time and perished in the flowing lava…

The volcanic eruption took two hours before subsiding. But within a five-kilometer radius of the volcano was all scorched earth, and not an inch of grass was left. Some of the lava had already begun to cool, turning into black ground, while some of it was still scorching hot and emitting dark red light and smoke.

Xeron looked at his masterpiece with pride and laughed wildly. He was very satisfied with the scorched land and thought that he could finally start building a city.

Yes, the purpose of detonating the volcano was to build an environment suitable to live in for demons. Scenic greenery and water did not look demonic at all. Demons still loved these kinds of environments full of sulfuric air…

Under Xeron’s berating, the two hundred-odd low-level demons, including Roy, began to work. They found large rocks and leveled the ground as much as possible while the lava was still soft to build the foundation. After laying the foundation, they began building the city…

Roy did not take part in the building this time. He brought Fat Tiger and became the supervisor of these demons. With the city blueprint and Xeron’s leather whip in hand, he supervised these low-level demons to build according to the plan.

These demons were not construction worker material, so Roy did not have it easy supervising them and could not take his eyes off their work. Otherwise, they would stack the walls like a pile of instant noodles in disarray.

Moreover, the demons lacked equipment. What they built was made of nothing but stone and wood, and such structures were unreliable and prone to collapse. But the demons had ideas too. As they were near a volcano, they sent some demons to obtain lava and waited for it to cool before pouring it onto the structures to fill the gaps and strengthen the walls.

As the city gradually took shape, Xeron brought new blueprints and got the demons to begin building their own living quarters.

To put it bluntly, these were their nests. Every type of demon had their preferred nest styles. After construction, the demons spontaneously sorted themselves and moved into them. Xeron once again engraved summoning formations among these nests and continued to summon the same types of demons into this world.