chapter 5

Chapter 5: Fifty Cents Special Effects

This shot echoed through the entire beach, startling all the little demons fighting each other nearby!

They stopped fighting in unison and turned their heads toward the direction of the sound. Two consecutive gunshots immediately came again, scaring them.

They had never heard such a bizarre sound…

Roy, who opened fire, was taken aback as well because he realized that the four-eyed demon that he shot in the abdomen did not die immediately. Instead, he threw his head back in severe pain and ripped off a large piece of meat from Roy’s left arm.

Roy felt so much pain that he felt he was going mad. He aimed the muzzle of his gun on the stomach of the four-eyed demon and shot two more times.

This time, the movements of the four-eyed demon finally froze. After a strong push from Roy, he fell off Roy and landed beside him as fresh blood oozed out from the three bullet holes, dyeing the sand beneath him purple-red in no time.

A bloodied Roy climbed up from the ground, gasping as he looked at the four-eyed demon. He had such tenacious vitality that he was still alive. This pissed Roy off, so he pointed his gun at the forehead of the little demon and pulled the trigger again!

This time, the four-eyed demon stayed silent…

In order to ensure that the revolver could be saved and appear, Roy had even deleted the Precision attribute. Anyway, for him, the accuracy of such a close-range attack did not matter. However, what he had not taken into account was that this four-eyed demon required four shots to die. His vitality was amazing. It was completely different from killing the demon worm in its eggshell!

There was a huge difference between the demons that hatched and those that had not.

Of course, that could also be because the firearm had insufficient power…

The soul of the four-eyed demon emerged from its corpse. This soul was much stronger than the one that Roy obtained earlier, and it was also much brighter. Roy did not rush to get the soul. He looked up, and as expected, the little demons nearby started crowding around him.

They were startled by the continuous gunshots just now and were curious to see what it was. Moreover, they saw a high-quality soul, tickling the greed in their demonic nature.

Roy’s current condition was not good. His entire upper body was covered with injuries, and his left shoulder had bite wounds. Even though the poisonous saliva of the four-eyed demon was not life-threatening, it was enough to make that half of his body numb. The left arm he had used to parry the attack revealed pale white bones.

However, Roy knew he could not let his guard down even in such a miserable state. He was worried that once he showed fatigue or panic, these little demons gathering around him would not hesitate to pounce on him and tear him into pieces. Therefore, he raised his gun, pointed it at a closer demon, and shot at him!

Bang! This shot did not hit the demon but landed on the ground near his feet. A series of sparks resulted from the friction. The little demon was shocked and quickly jumped away.

Then Roy pointed the muzzle at another little demon. This little demon was smarter. When he saw it aimed at him, he escaped before Roy pulled the trigger.

With this lesson in front of them, the little demons escaped whenever Roy pointed the muzzle at them. These little demons did not know that Roy only had one bullet left. They only felt that the thing in his hand was terrifying since it could kill a strong little demon, and none of them wanted to jump to their deaths. They all hoped the other little demons would go first.