chapter 97: actually the book is a very high end

Roy was truly shocked.

He initially thought that Cassandra had only transformed into an ordinary undead due to his demon blood. However, when he saw Cassandra display a similar frost power as he had, he realized that things were not that simple.

Although he could sense that Cassandra’s magic power was still weak, it also had the power of darkness and frost. Isn’t this a lich?

Strange. Don’t they say that undead creatures like liches are mages, shamans, warlocks, and so on, transformed through a dark ritual? Why can my demon blood achieve this effect?

Roy’s mind buzzed with ideas, and he could not help but think of various questions. Although the legends say this, it’s impossible for the first lich of the undead world to have transformed through a ritual, right? At that time, the ritual might not have been invented yet, so how was the first lich born? Could it have been transformed by a frost demon?

It had to be said that Roy’s guess was very close to the truth. In fact, it was true. Even now, one of the essential items in the evil ritual to transform into a lich was frost demon blood!

If you traced back to the origins of the undead world, undead were undead, and there were not so many strange classifications. But with the involvement of demons, undead creatures had more branches appear. Thus, the connection between undead and demons was much closer than imagined…

However, what was fun was that although demon blood could create undead with special abilities, demons hated undead creatures!

The reason was also very simple. It was because undead did not have souls, and demons hated all beings without souls!

Now, Cassandra’s situation was very special. Usually, a lich transformed through the ritual would place their soul in their phylactery. Once the phylactery was destroyed, the lich would die completely. However, Cassandra had offered her soul to Roy, and Roy was a frost demon. As a result, Cassandra eventually became a lich whose soul was in Roy’s hands.

This kind of situation was quite rare. After all, even if a frost demon could use their demon blood to create a lich, not every lich would offer their soul to the frost demon.

Demons generally could not control these creatures that they created. This was because as long as the other party had free will, it was very difficult to truly enslave them.

After understanding these relationships, Roy was naturally surprised, but he did not show it on his face.

On the other hand, when Cassandra recalled her past and the pain she had suffered, intense hatred once again occupied her mind. Even though she knew that Roy was a demon, she was no longer afraid.

She did not have any relevant knowledge and did not know what a lich was, but she believed that she had inherited Roy’s demon bloodline, so she calmly called out to Roy, “Father!”

But this title stupefied Roy. How did he become a father?

He quickly waved his hand and said, “Just call me master!”

“Yes, Master!” Cassandra was obedient, so she immediately changed her words.

“My name is Osiris! A demon from the Abyss!” Roy said. “You drowned in the seawater, but your soul fell into the Abyss because of your obsessive hatred, and I happened to obtain it. According to the rules of the Abyss, I accepted your soul as an offering and signed a demon contract with you at the same time. Then I came to your world. Now, let’s talk about your situation. What kind of cruel experiences gave you such strong hatred?”

Hearing this question, the light in Cassandra’s hollow eye sockets seemed to become brighter. She said in a voice full of intense hatred, “Yes, Master. I… come from… Actually, I don’t know where the remote village my home is. I was just an ordinary countryside girl…