chapter 81 : eyes of nightmare

Actually, the name of the eye technique was not important. It was all about the definitions for Roy in any case.

If there was a need, Roy could even shoot out kinesis light waves with the Sharingan…

If he wanted to see through illusions and not be affected by them, he needed to have the ability to perceive and distinguish reality from illusion. Roy drew his demon eyes on the system’s design panel.

Then he drew a blood-red pentagram in his pupils to distinguish between using eye technique and not using it.

Demons, of course, used pentagrams for show…

Roy named his eye technique ‘Eyes of Nightmare’!

Eyes of Nightmare

Definition 1: Insight. Can see through and break illusions, distinguishing between reality and illusion.

Definition 2: Fear. Enemies looking directly at these eyes will have inexplicable fear arise from the bottom of their hearts.

Worried that there were not enough souls, Roy only made two definitions for the Eyes of Nightmare for the time being. Definition 1 was naturally designed to deal with the illusion demon, but definition 2 was inspiration from nightmare demons.

During his time in the middle Abyss, Roy had come into contact with several nightmare demons. These demons with a demon horn on their heads and burning with flames were middle-rank demons resembling horses. Although high-rank demons frequently used them as mounts, it was wrong to underestimate them because these nightmare demons were among the stronger middle-rank demons in the middle Abyss.

Through observation, Roy found that the magic power growth rate of these nightmare demons was generally relatively fast. This was because these demons had the nightmare bloodline. Their magic power circuits would form a special magic power that caused others to feel fear. When they killed their enemies with this magic power, the souls they obtained would be larger than normal!

Roy had seen the nightmare demons hunting and compared the souls they harvested to his. If it were just one or two souls, then it could be described as coincidence. But after many comparisons, Roy realized that the souls they obtained were indeed bigger when hunting the same monsters.

At that time, in order to verify his guess, Roy had specially found a nightmare demon to fight against, but Roy had not won. He found that the longer he fought with the nightmare demon, the more disheartened he would feel, feeling that the nightmare demon in front of him was very powerful and dreadful!

After that, Roy came back to his senses. This fear effect with an intense suggestion effect might be something worthy of reference. This fear effect could allow him to obtain souls with more negative emotions in his future hunts!

This thought made Roy understand why Spider Queen Araniya had been chattering and threatening him non-stop. It seemed like Araniya wanted to get a better, more fearful soul from him.

In fact, these kinds of threats were not only used by Araniya. Many demons liked to roar loudly at their opponents and reveal their sharp fangs and claws when fighting, which were in themselves acts of threats.

The effect of simply using language to scare enemies was not very good because it required incessantly repeating threats to induce fear in them. But many villains had died because of talking too much! The nightmare demons’ fear effect was much better, as it silently affected the opponents during combat.

Therefore, when Roy thought about using the ability of these nightmare demons for reference, his first thought was to obtain a force field of fear, also commonly known as a halo of fear. This way, as long as he stood there, he could affect his opponents without saying anything and also use it on many other targets at the same time!