chapter 93: reward

After the mist of the Gate of the Abyss dissipated, Roy found himself back at his starting point in the Abyss, but Demon Lord Rogeros had already disappeared.

Due to this, Roy had no choice but to bring Fat Tiger back to the place of refinement where he had promoted and then contact the high-rank demon Edrach to submit the mission.

The place of refinement was still the same. From time to time, low-rank demons would come and enter the pool to complete their promotion. As for those who failed to promote, once they left the barrier, they would immediately be hunted down by the middle-rank demons loitering outside. Such a unique ecological cycle, who knew how many existed in the Abyss…

After arriving here, Roy poured his magic power into a demon gate according to the method that Edrach had left. Soon, the demon gate was ‘living’ again, and the aura of the high-rank demon Edrach appeared.

“It’s you. Looks like you’ve completed the execution mission?” Although it had been a few months, Edrach recognized Roy at a glance. After all, frost demons were rare in the Abyss, and Roy’s execution mission had even alarmed Demon Lord Rogeros, so it was difficult for Edrach not to have a deep impression of him.

Roy placed the damaged Balotan Pillar, along with its base, and César’s frozen head in front of the demon gate. As for César’s soul, Roy had already kept it, so he naturally would not take it out.

“Is this the demon-human body that fellow created?” Edrach was Rogeros’s servant and had naturally heard about this matter. However, he was quite curious as to how Roy had killed César. In his impression, a demon-human body was usually quite difficult to deal with, so he asked about the details.

Roy did not hide anything and told him everything.

Edrach was surprised. “In order to track César’s whereabouts, you actually know how to cooperate with humans?”

Indeed, this was the most important part. The Balotan Pillar had been damaged, and the memory crystal could no longer locate César’s position. If Roy had not found the Allies to obtain information, it would have taken him a long time to find César alone. This way, even if he could find him in the end, he might have had to face a demon-human César who had recovered his magic power!

A demon-human body with magic power and a demon-human body without magic power were completely different.

“What’s wrong? Can’t we do this?” Roy asked.

“No, no problem!” Edrach said. “Demons are always unscrupulous in their actions. Never mind cooperating with humans, there are even examples of working together with angels in history. I’m just surprised that you, a demon who has just promoted from low rank, could adapt to the situation of a different world.”

Edrach said this for a reason. As demons were born powerful, they always had a sense of racial superiority when facing humans. They would treat the weak humans like ants and were unwilling to try to understand them… Such situations often appeared in demons who had yet to experience much in different worlds. They had to experience many different worlds before they understood that humans had their own strengths.

Moreover, when trying to understand humans, they would discover that their personalities were complex and varied. If they could make good use of their complex personalities, their actions would often be simple and smooth.

For example, when demons tried to conquer a world, they would usually encounter resistance from the humans of this world. However, these humans also had conflicts and hatred between one another. If they could take advantage of these conflicts and hatred, they could even sow discord between them and cause them to fight…