chapter 59:the great battle begins

“Attack!!!”

Xeron held the demon scythe in his hand and shouted at the same time. The Stone Skin spell activated to protect the demon army from the rain of arrows.

Xeron knew that the elves might have grabbed the chance because he advanced prematurely, but he did not panic at all. He had his pride as a high-rank demon. He had fought many wars for Lucifer Kreegan in this world, and a simple ambush was not going to defeat him.

Demons loved to fight by nature, and their instinct for combat was almost inscribed into their bones. The demon army adjusted quickly from the chaos, and the gog unit started their retaliation. They threw a large number of fireballs toward the forest.

The camp of the demon army was originally in the forest, but Xeron knew that he could not battle the elves in the forest terrain. Therefore, he had gotten the demon army to set fire to the forest, and a large area around them had become scorched earth. The first wave of arrows by the elves landed mostly between the barren area and the forest. When the large number of explosives ignited the area again, the elves were forced to reveal themselves.

The tall dendroid guards were the first to appear. These slow-moving treants walked out with heavy steps. Some of them were still on fire and seemed to be in a bind. However, Xeron felt something was wrong when they appeared. There were too many dendroid guards. More than two hundred of them arranged themselves into a thick shield wall in front to protect the fragile elves behind them.

Thousands of wood elf archers appeared next. Sharpshooters were among them as well. These sharpshooters were superb ace archers, and every arrow they shot was a huge threat. The arrow that pinned the little demon onto the tree with the first wave of arrows was the handiwork of a sharpshooter.

The AvLee elves’ warriors—dwarfs, silver pegasus knights, centaur captains, unicorns—appeared one after another. Although these troops were not elves, they lived in the elves’ domain. Their fates were bound together, which was why they were in the elven army.

Moreover, all of them were massive in numbers without exception. They appeared together and almost completely surrounded Xeron’s demon army.

Three heroes leading the elves also appeared. Two of them were elven druids donning deer helmets, and the other was a male human. Although his face and chest had elven tattoos, he did not have long pointed ears and was a typical human.

Xeron recognized at a glance that this human elven hero was Ryland! He was the famous ranger in the kingdom of Erathia and the elven kingdom. It was said that he was the first human ever recognized by the elves, and the tattoos on his body were carved personally by an elder of the elves.

Three heroes with a huge army of about four thousand… When he saw so many troops, Xeron was inwardly shocked. Isn’t this difference too big?!

However, this was not all. High-pitched dragon roars rumbled from the sky. Huge shadows covered the ground, and a group of gigantic creatures with wings appeared. The dragons really came!

They were not many, only about a dozen of them, and there were three types of dragons—green dragons, emerald dragons, and gold dragons. The green and emerald dragons liked to live in the forest and could be said to be interdependent with the elves. The gold dragons liked to live on high mountains. However, they were also allies of the elves because of the existence of the Gold Dragon Queen.

The bodies of these dragons were simply too enormous. A mere dozen of them seemed to swallow the sun. They hovered over the battlefield, blocking the sunlight, leaving shadows where they passed. After hearing the dragons roar, these little demons were trembling with fear.