chapter 78:a most awkward and unexpected situation

The dark and dim Abyss, without the sun and the moon rising and falling, led to the demons’ perception of time becoming slow.

Without realizing it, Roy had been in the middle Abyss for a month, and he had gradually adapted to life here.

He felt that the greatest difference between the middle Abyss and the upper Abyss was that there were fewer demons!

They said that low-rank demons were cannon fodder. That’s right. But what was cannon fodder? Many! Full! When Roy was exploring the upper Abyss, he could almost see low-rank demons anywhere he went, and it felt super lively, but he had not seen such a scene in the middle Abyss, and it was much sparser.

This situation was, of course, normal. Only through the survival of the fittest could low-rank demons promote to middle-rank demons, and the number would definitely decrease. Judging from this, there would also definitely be fewer high-rank demons than middle-rank demons. Such a class pyramid seemed to be the same regardless of race.

Due to the decrease in numbers, middle-rank demons killing each other did not happen that frequently. Perhaps because of the bloodline awakening, it even went to the extent that some demons of the same type would avoid fighting each other as much as possible after meeting!

This reminded Roy of the high-rank demons Xeron and Ignatius. Although they fought and schemed against each other, they could also cooperate and formulate strategies for war.

The higher the rank, the fewer the demons, so they gradually began to treasure their own kind. It seemed like this bloodline view should have started from when they became middle-rank demons…

Killing between the same race reduced, but middle-rank demons also needed to devour souls to strengthen their magic power, so what should they do?

It had to be mentioned that many monsters were also living in the middle Abyss. While these monsters could still hunt low-rank demons in the upper Abyss and had the possibility of becoming a true demon, unfortunately, the strength of middle-rank demons and low-rank demons were not on the same level. After knowing how to use magic power, the combat strength of middle-rank demons increased greatly, and they were no longer targets that monsters could defeat easily!

Therefore, these monsters could only live in groups and rely on cohesion to win space for survival. As soon as these monster groups appeared, it meant that middle-rank demons had a fixed source for souls.

As a result, middle-rank demons also developed territorial awareness. They would choose to live in groups where monsters lived and then stay there for a long time to hunt these monsters and devour their souls.

In this way, the monsters began to become existences resembling livestock. The only difference was that the middle-rank demons did not tame them and simply let them breed…

Roy had seen quite a number of such situations during this time, so he felt it was strange to say that demons were chaotic and without order. These words did not seem right. Was this ecology not just like a primitive society and a type of order?

In fact, Roy was right. If every level of the Abyss were like the upper level, where low-rank demons killed each other, then it would be impossible for the demon race to multiply. Demons were also a race, and social forms would appear as long as they were a race. As the hierarchy progressed, there would always be order. Even beasts without intelligence would have certain habits, let alone intelligent life with language and inheritances like demons.

Therefore, although humans and other races view demons as a chaotic and evil group, it was actually caused by the other races not understanding demons in depth. Moreover, were chaos and evil not also a form of order…?