chapter 126:an old friend

Chapter 126 Old Friend

As Roy began continuously compressing his magic power, his body gradually showed some special changes.

The most notable thing was his feet. Roy did not know what happened to them, but every step Roy took now left a black frost footprint the same size as his feet on the ground!

In particular, when he walked on relatively hot ground, the frost footprints would evaporate from the ground heat and cause a mist to curl up.

This phenomenon was very strange because Roy was certain that he had not deliberately focused his magic power on his feet. But even so, when he did not control it while walking, it caused a series of frost footprints. It usually took five to six minutes before they slowly dissipated.

It was as though it was… instinctual. Roy studied it and felt that it was probably related to his frost demon bloodline. Perhaps this change was brought about by the gradually condensing magic power stimulating his demon bloodline. And it seemed like as his magic power continued to compress, the frost footprints left behind would become more obvious and last longer.

In addition to the frost footprints, another special change was that Roy found himself emanating a sense of pressure.

This pressure was exactly the same as what he felt on Xeron back then, and it seemed to have the effect of deterring and suppressing low-level demons. Before, Roy had always thought that this pressure came from the bloodline of high-rank demons, but now that he had this pressure, he realized that he was wrong. This pressure was actually caused by stronger and denser magic power!

This made Roy even more certain that he was on the right path to promoting to high-rank demon…

The pressure emanating from him was still relatively weak because his magic power had yet to be condensed completely. Therefore, the other middle-rank demons in the same level of the Abyss could not feel it, but the low-rank demons in the upper Abyss would probably feel it clearly.

During the next two months, Roy spent most of his time in his lair, constantly compressing and tempering his magic power. This was a relatively long-term process because it would become more and more difficult during the latter half. Roy did not dare to slack off, so he gave the task of mining the entire gold mine to Fat Tiger.

During these two months, souls had been teleporting to Roy from time to time. Needless to say, they must have teleported from the Pirates of the Caribbean world due to someone dying near the gold with the Osiris Mark.

In just two months, Roy collected more than seventy such souls. Among them, there was a wave of fifteen souls teleporting over together. Who knew if people were fighting over the gold…

Roy’s attribute for the Osiris Mark was to teleport souls near the gold. This meant that even if people did not die because of the gold’s curse of misfortune, as long as they died within the range of the gold, the Osiris Mark would capture the souls.

Therefore, even though Roy had spent five thousand souls to create the Osiris Mark, it was very worthwhile since he would obtain life-long benefits from this investment.

Now that he saw benefits, Roy naturally could not let it go. He regarded the huge gold mine as his private property and had Fat Tiger mine it every day. Poor Fat Tiger had completely turned into a coolie during this time, going out early and returning late every day. Not only did he have to exhaust himself to drag back the heavy gold ore, but he also had to constantly squeeze out his magic power and spit out hellfire to smelt the demon gold.

Fortunately, Roy felt sorry for him. Every time he returned, Roy prepared a feast for him. Not only did he eat to his fill, but he also had a lot of souls to replenish his magic power. From time to time, when Roy stopped cultivating, he would run around with Fat Tiger and give him a massage…