chapter 27

Chapter 27: The Noble Soul

Demon blood? So that’s it!

Roy finally heard the crucial piece of information from Dracula. This was his underlying motive for coming to look for Dracula.

Although Dracula became a vampire and could wreak havoc in this small town, his power was only sufficient to deal with ordinary humans. He himself understood that his so-called power was actually nothing much. Otherwise, how could he have spent more than four hundred years in a remote town on the edge of Eastern Europe without expanding his territory?

Garlic, holy water, silver stakes, and fear of sunlight were just some of the things that could harm a vampire. He was merely a vampire transformed by a low-rank demon and had innate weaknesses in his bloodline.

Roy did not expect that a low-rank demon who could not use magic power could actually use demon blood to give to humans extraordinary powers.

But after hearing Dracula say this, Roy suddenly felt that this was natural. You could just look at the low-rank demons living in the upper Abyss, and you would understand. Demon blood seemed to have very strong compatibility and could combine with any type of bloodline, to the extent of ignoring reproductive isolation. Even bug-type and bird-type demons had appeared. Compared to this, was it not simpler to combine with human bloodlines?

Maybe even the bloodline of angels was compatible with it. Roy had heard many legends about angel and demon hybrids.

Demons were strong by nature. When demon blood flowed in human blood vessels, the demon blood would cause changes to the human body. However, there were differences in what kind of monsters they would become. This was perhaps due to the complicated bloodlines of demons giving the blood, so the final characteristics of the humans were different.

This was a very good method for Roy because he did not want to consume his souls to fulfill the wishes of the contractors. To him, souls had more important uses. Not only could he use them in the system interface to transform himself, but he could also devour the souls to increase his magic energy. Having to eat and use the souls made him feel that there was never enough, so he felt that using them to fulfill contracts would be a waste.

Things would be easier now that he knew that demon blood had such a wonderful use.

There were only a few things that summoners wanted: power, life, and maybe a handful who summoned a demon to help them fight. To these people who wished for power and life, Roy only needed to give them a little of his demon blood to fulfill the contract in the future. This way, he would not need to waste his souls on them.

After finding out what he had wanted to know the most, Dracula was useless to Roy. He was not interested in killing someone soulless, so he just said, “Relax. The one who summoned me wasn’t someone from the Villelis family, nor am I here to deal with you!”

With that, Roy jumped straight onto the second floor of the hall and climbed toward the dome-shaped window to leave.

Seeing that Roy was trying to leave, Dracula was dumbfounded and shouted, “Wait! Wait! Are you leaving just like that?!”

“If not, what am I going to stay here for?” Roy did not even look back.

“Wait, Your Excellency!” Dracula hurriedly said, “Please wait! Regardless of who summoned you, can you sign a contract with me since you’re here?”

Roy stopped and looked back at Dracula. “Contract? What contract do you want to sign? It’s not to restore your human body, is it?”

“No, no!” Dracula helplessly said, “I was just ranting earlier. I understand that even though I have no heartbeat and have lost most of my senses, this represents that I still have my strength. I’d really die if I were to restore my human body.”