151

"These things are crazy!"

It was pure chaos out on the battlefield, and the most terrifying thing was the fact that Thanos' army had the advantage. There were hundreds of thousands of aliens, and more and more just seemed to be appearing. It was too much, far too much. Some soldiers were being forced to fight three at once, and that was sure to not have a positive outcome. But, everyone continued to push on and fight. They had to.

Y/n was still up at the front with T'Challa and Steve, and despite his continuous commentary through his earpiece, he was struggling. Everyone was. He had quite a nasty gash on his cheek, and several other little cuts and bruises from where the aliens had managed to catch him. Mud and alien goop caked his skin, seeming to just make the wounds sting even more than they already did. It wasn't fun.

"My leg isn't food!" Y/n huffed through gritted teeth, teleporting away just before one of the aliens could clamp down on his leg. He teleported behind the alien, an angry look on his face as he blasted it with as much fire as he could muster. He left his palm out for a long while, burning the screeching alien to a crisp. He didn't have to, he could've blasted it once and left it to burn, but he was angry. It was the same alien that had sliced at his cheek, he could tell by the dagger in its eye.

Y/n used his spare hand to wipe furiously at the bleeding gash on his cheek, his eyes staying fixed on the raging flames. There was something so satisfying about watching the alien burn - it writhed screeched in a desperate attempt to escape, but y/n continued to blast it with a constant stream of fire. It gave him time to catch his breath and listen out for anyone that needed help, well, he was listening out for Bucky to be specific.

"Shuri, how long until you can get the mind stone out?" T'Challa called out over the earpiece, sounding pretty worried over all of the chaos. He had every right to be worried, they were completely outnumbered by Thanos' army.

"I'm not even ten percent done, brother!" Shuri responded in a stressed tone. "I'm going as fast as I can, but this isn't something that can be rushed! One wrong move and-"

Y/n was suddenly tackled to the ground by another one of the aliens, causing his earpiece to be sent flying out of his ear. He hit the grass hard, completely knocking the wind out of him and causing his vision to blur for a few moments. His head had smacked against the ground hard, along with almost every other body part, but hitting his head was the worst. It completely disorientated him, and his body almost felt as if it were tingling. These aliens were strong, really strong. But, he had no time to wallow in pain and lay still on the ground, the aliens had completely surrounded him.

There had only been one at first, but by the time that y/n finally came back to his senses, there were at least five all piling on top of him. They clawed and bit at anything that they could get to, completely pinning y/n down.

"Shit!" Y/n yelled, squirming under all of the aliens as he tried his hardest to escape them. He'd already tried to teleport away, but he was far too disorientated to focus on an area to teleport to. His hands immediately shot up as an alien tried to clamp its jaws around his head, cursing loudly as he used all of her strength to stop the alien from biting down. His arms were shaking with the amount of strength that it took, but that wasn't even the worst of it. He could see into its mouth.

Rows and rows of sharp, crushing teeth.

A disgusting glob of drool dripped down onto y/n's face as he continued to struggle, just seeming to make the situation even worse. Keeping an alien from biting your head off whilst also wriggling around to escape the aliens attacking the rest of your body wasn't exactly the greatest thing in the world.

They were clawing and biting at every body part that they could reach, and it was excruciating. If he had his earpiece in, he would've yelled for help, but it was far too loud out on the battlefield for anyone to hear him. He was alone, about to be completely mauled by a bunch of aliens. Y/n did say that he was willing to die to save the world, but it didn't mean that he actually wanted to. Plus, this wasn't really the best way to go out.

Y/n gritted his teeth together, his hands still firmly on the alien's face to prevent it from biting his face off in one fell swoop. However, it was getting harder and harder to hold the alien back. His legs and arms were getting completely mauled by other aliens. They tore at his mission suit, clamped their teeth into his skin, tried to drag her around, and so much more. It was excruciating and terrifying. Completely pinned down and unable to escape.

Y/n closed his eyes, crying out in desperation as he continued to try and hold the alien away. His arms were slowly beginning to give up on him, causing the alien to slowly inch closer and closer to his face. This was where he was going to die. In a battlefield surrounded by hundreds of other fallen soldiers. The only power he could mimic was super soldier strength. If he focused his energy on any other power, he'd lose the strength in his arms and his head would get crushed in a matter of seconds. But, y/n wasn't going to give up without a fight. He was going to dig his nails in and hold them back for as long as he possibly could, there was no other way.

That was when the sky begun to darken. Grey clouds begun to form, completely obscuring the sun. But the thing that caused everyone (even Thanos' army) to freeze were the sounds of thunder.

It wasn't a storm. It was Thor.