Chapter 4

In New Orleans
Davina's POV
I walk in the house with Elijah. "Ok I'll show you to your room Davina." He says as I nod and we walk up the stairs. He shows me my room and I walk into it. Elijah leaves once I'm settled in the room.

No one's POV

Rebekah parks in front of the Mikaelson mansion, leaving a message on her phone as she gets out.
Hayley and Davina hear something from inside and they both walk warily down the stairs. "Elijah, if not answering your phone is part of your clever plan to get me back to this godforsaken city, then well done. I'm here, and I'm worried. Now pick up before I kick in your bloody door." Rebekah says as she walks up to the front steps and opens the door.

Davina's POV
Rebekah walks in as Hayley and I come down the stairs and Hayley is wielding a fire iron. "Who the hell are you?" Hayley says as I knew exactly who she was because we met before. "Oh, you must be the maid. My bags are in the car – get them, will you? Davina it's good to see you." Rebekah says as I wave at her and Hayley smiles wryly while putting down the iron poker. "Hello. Not the maid." Hayley retorts as she knew she was no maid. "Right. You're that werewolf girl my brother, Klaus, knocked up. I was expecting to see some kind of supernatural, miracle baby bump. Guess you're not showing yet. It's Hayley, isn't it? I already know that Davina got knocked up by my other brother Kol who is dead thanks to Elena and I know because Elijah told me I must come here to protect her. Bonnie and Caroline even want me to protect her." Rebekah says as I nod because it was true. "You have your brother's manners." Hayley says as I knew Rebekah had Klaus' manners and temper. "And his temper, too, so watch it. Where's Elijah?" Rebekah says as she was looking for Elijah. "Beats me. He's long gone." Hayley says as I nod my head. "He showed to my room and left after that." I say as I come down to hug Rebekah. "Ok well in the meantime I will stay here and protect you Davina." She says as she hugs back. "Yay thanks Bekah." I say as we break from the hug. "And what do you mean, "long gone"?" Rebekah asks as she stands next to me. "Well, one minute he was here making epic promises about protecting me in this predicament that a bottle of scotch and some bad decisions got me into – he was all poetic about how we're family – and then Klaus told me he bailed. Guess that's what I get for trusting a vampire. Plus like Davina said he left after he showed her to her room." Hayley says as I nod. "Elijah is not just any vampire, and he doesn't break promises. Which means Niklaus has done something dastardly and Klaus-like. Klaus! Get out here and tell me what you've done with our brother, you narcissistic, back-stabbing wanker!" Rebekah says as Klaus opens a pair of doors and enters the room. "Enough with all the shouting. Little sister, I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were your doing." Klaus as she nods and says, "They were very rude. Trying to victim a poor, innocent girl just trying to find her way to the Quarter. So sorry, were they friends of yours? Oh, that's right, you don't have any friends." She says as I laugh at the last thing she said about Klaus not having any friends. "I do have friends. I have Marcel. You remember him, don't you? Yes, of course you do. He fancies himself the 'King of the Quarter' now, and he has these rules about killing vampires. It'll be fun to see what sort of punishment he comes up with for you." Klaus says I roll my eyes. "I don't care about Marcel or his rules. Elijah doesn't welch on deals. What did you do to him?" Rebekah says as I go to the kitchen to get some food since I was pregnant and hungry. "Perhaps he's on holiday... or taking a long autumn nap upstairs. Well, go on. Take a look around. You remember this house as well as I." Klaus says as I see Rebekah had gotten up to leave the room and she turns back to Klaus. "I remember everything." She says as I get food from the fridge to make a sandwich.  "Well, he wasn't good enough for you." I hear Klaus say as I'm making a sandwich. "No one was ever good enough for me, Nik, you made sure of that. Now where is Elijah?" Rebekah says as Klaus' phone starts buzzing. He checks it, stands and moves to leave. "Where are you going?" Rebekah says as she wondered where Klaus was going. "It appears the night is not quite over, yet. I'm off for another drink with Marcel." Klaus says as I roll my eyes. I can't believe my baby was gonna be related to him. "Elijah told me about your plan to take apart Marcel's empire piece by piece. I don't remember it involving you two drinking New Orleans dry together." Rebekah says as I'm done making my sandwich and I see Rebekah approach me. "I know you don't have many friends, Rebekah, but what some friends do when they get together is they drink. And when they drink, they tell secrets. Marcel has somehow found a way to control the entirety of witches in the Quarter, and I aim to uncover the 'how' so I might take it for myself. Finding Elijah didn't make my to-do list today." Klaus says as he turns and walks to the door but pauses before he leaves. "Oh, and welcome home, little sister." Klaus says as the door shuts behind him and Rebekah turns on the spot contemplating what he's said. She sees Hayley sitting on a landing above. "You, wolf girl. I'm going to search this house inch by inch until I find what my evil brother has done to my good one. You're helping. Davina you too." Rebekah says as Hayley walks down a spiral staircase. "The governor had lots of secret rooms. I'll show you his favorite." Rebekah says as we arrive in a dusty cobwebbed cellar room. Hayley spies the coffins that Klaus keeps of his siblings daggered in. "You think Klaus killed him." Hayley asks as I shake my head no. "We can't be kill, silly girl. That doesn't stop Klaus from finding ways to torture us. He has a set of mystical silver daggers. One in the heart sends us into a deep slumber. Klaus gets his jollies from keeping us in a box, until he decides to pull the dagger out. That must be what he's done to Elijah. This one's mine." Rebekah says as she points at hers. "He keeps your coffin on standby." Hayley incredulously says as she was shocked at this news. "He likes to be prepared for when his family members inevitably disappoint him. Elijah's isn't here – he must've stashed him elsewhere." Rebekah says as I went upstairs because I couldn't be down here no more.  "I feel sick." Hayley says as I agree kinda. "Welcome to the family, love. You should've run the second you realized Elijah was gone. Davina already knows about this." Rebekah says as I nod. "Yeah, well, the witches have put some sort of hex on me and Davina. As long as we are carrying these babies, we can't leave New Orleans. If we do, they kill us." Hayley says as I nod as I agree with her. "Well, knowing Klaus, he's planning a box for you the second you give birth to whatever's cooking in your tum. I'm leaving as soon as I find Elijah. Being daggered in a box for decades sucks, trust me. You'd best find a way to break that hex and run. Davina is staying here since she lost Kol and doesn't have him but I promised Elijah I would protect her. " Rebekah says as she goes off to continue her search leaving Hayley to consider what she's said. I walk upstairs to cry because Kol was dead.