Chapter 11

Davina's POV
At St. Anne's Church
Klaus is pacing around in front of the sacristy while I set up a magical circle with runes made out of salt on the floor in front of the first row of pews. Jade was in her stroller in back of me. I had got Jade to sleep last night which was hard because usually Kol was helping me put her to sleep but he couldn't. "Haven't you found Finn yet?" Klaus says but I just ignore him and continue to work on setting up for her spell. "I must say, for a witch of your caliber, your spells are not particularly efficient." Klaus says as I sigh in frustration. "Finn is blocking my locator spell. So, I'm trying something new. But, I need to concentrate, and it would help a lot if you would stop standing over me like a stalker." I say as I look over at my sleeping daughter. "No need to get testy, love. We both have the same goal." Klaus said as I light a match to start lighting the candles. "Really? Because my goal is to get Kol out of your house alive. Which seems to be about number ten on your list. You know so your niece can have a father that's not dead again." I say as Klaus smirks and says, "Number nine, at least!" I exasperated because he wasn't willing to help my boyfriend and Jades father. "What is wrong with you? He's your brother!" I say as I tried to keep my voice calm so that I didn't wake Jade. "Yes! And, I also have a sister, one who I happen to care about more." Klaus says as I roll my eyes. "So, until he tells me where she is, Kol can rot, as far as I'm concerned. And, you might wanna get your villains straight, love, because Finn is the architect of this fiasco. So, pick up the pace, find out where he's getting his power from, so we can stop it!" Klaus says as I raise my eyebrows clearly amused before making a face and starting my spell. I hold out my hands and begin to chant the incantation. "We du le mon ennemi en temps. We du le mon ennemi en temps." I say as I chant, I begin to get visions of Finn who is casting his own spell over a bowl of what looks like blood somewhere in Lafayette Cemetery. He has several objects, including a fox tail, a feather, and a deer antler. When I come to I look extremely concerned. "I saw glimpses of him." I said as Klaus looks at me anxiously. "He's combining sacred objects. Totems. Representational magic." I say as I hoped Jade didn't wake up at this moment. "Where?"
I dive back into my visions and get more flashes of Finn working on his spell in one of the tombs. "Lafayette No. 1. The Lyonne tomb." I say as I look at him when I come out of the vision. "And what's he using?" Klaus says as I dive in again and see both Esther and Mikael laying desiccated in the middle of another salt circle. "He's channeling your parents!" I say as I'm shocked and Klaus smiles widely. "And here I thought I was the poster-child for least grateful offspring! Well, then. Shall you and I go crash their little party?" He says I follow Klaus as he leads us out of the church. I grab Jade who is in her car seat in the process. Klaus stops in Finn in his tracks and Finn gasps for a breath. "Now who needs to pick up the pace?" I say annoyed as Finn lights a smudge-stick and starts burning it over the bowl wafting the smoke just as Klaus suddenly loses consciousness and falls to the floor. I'm concerned for Jade's uncle so I rush over to him to check on him. "Klaus?" I say as I take Jade out of her stroller. I was worried for Jade's uncle I may hate him but he is still Jade's uncle.

Back at St Anne's

Klaus is still passed out on the floor where I'm kneeling over him frantically slapping him hard across the face in an effort to rouse him. Jade was in her car seat again as her stroller is next to me while she lays in the car seat. She was awake and giggles as I slap her uncle. "Wake up!" I say as I slap him again. Jade is still giggling. "Wake up" I say as I sigh in frustration and sits down next to him on the floor. "The one time I need you." I say as Klaus' phone starts to ring so I pull it out of his pocket to answer it. It's Cami. "Cami?" I ask confused as Jade stops giggling. "Davina? Why are you answering Klaus' phone?"She says as she was wondering why I answered and not Klaus. I sigh and say, Because I can't wake him up." Cami seems alarmed and she says, What? Elijah collapsed, too. What's going on?" I suddenly had a dawning realization and groan "Ugh, I'm an idiot! The spell Finn used was to trap his brothers..." I say as I sigh when I realizes the implications of this situation. It meant Kol is in trouble. Cami gasps and says, "What do we do?" I look down at Jade in her car seat. "I have no idea." I say as I'm overwhelmed.

Klaus has just awakened in the church next to me as I've been awaiting his return. "What happened? Is Kol okay?" I ask as I way more concerned about my boyfriend and the father of my daughter. "I'm fine, thank you for your concern. The same, however, can not be said for your friends and the people of the French Quarter. Now, I can stand here and explain to you the specifics, or you can show a little trust and come with me." Klaus scoffs as Jade laughs at her uncle. "I'm the one who's been waiting for you to move your ass. Let's go." I say as I shrug and grab my coat and I grab Jade in her car seat and transfer her to the stroller. I push past Klaus and head for the compound. I handed the car seat to Klaus as I left with the stroller as I pushed it out.

In the French Quarter
Me, Jade and Klaus have arrived to the parade of marchers and they stop to see if anything bad has happened. "Everything's fine out here. Where the hell are they?" I say as I look around while Jade sits in her stroller and Klaus holds Jades car seat. "You look around I'll see if I can track them down." Klaus says as he leaves. When Klaus leaves I glance around the crowd until I see Kol across the street. Im relieved to see him alive. I smile and rush towards him with Jade in her stroller. I immediately kiss Kol as soon as I'm within arms reach. Once we break away he looks down at our daughter. "Jade daddy is ok." He says as he is bending down to look at her. Jade just looks at Kol with her hands out so Kol picks her up which makes her happy.