Chapter 12

[Two updates today🥳🤗

[Two updates today🥳🤗.]

Gwen's POV
Wednesday 15th August 2007

After what happened on Sunday, I've been feeling very on edge. My birthmark also was showing very faint on my arm, so I had to wear a long sleeve today.

Henry's words has continued to replay in my mind like a broken record. The thought of someone hurting him, far less Aiden, angers me to the core.

"Hey girl you okay?"

"Huh?" I snap out of my thoughts. Looking to Jewel.

"You've been staring off into space for the past 10 minutes now." Jewel says leaning on to the counter.
"Matter a fact, you've been weird all week."

"Oh. Yeah, just thinking about a few things. How was the date with Fred by the way? I forgot to ask."

"Horrible!" She shouts, slamming her hands on the counter. I stare at her in shock.
"I have never and will never date a guy with such a arrogant, self centered, sexist ego. It took everything in me not to slap him right then and there." She says throwing her hands in the air.

"Can you believe he literally passed the bill to me. I mean a girl has no problem paying the bill. She has her own money. But the fact that he took it, read it, and then handed it to me talking about "handle that babe." Ahh!!!!" She screams dramatically. I look around the store just making sure there weren't any customers in here.

"Even the waiter was shocked. First of all, I ain't your babe."

"And everybody talks about how he's such an amazing guy." I say.

"Amazing? Huh! More like stale bread, with mold on it. He has such a horrible personality. He only talks about himself and how much money he makes. His ego is as big as the ocean, and he has no respect whatsoever for public servants.

He threatened the waiter Gwen. Threatened! To have the guy fired because he brought him iced water,instead of cold water. That was the moment I realised the level of stupidity I was dinning with." She says shaking her head and I laugh.

The Chimes sound off, Javier walking in.

"Ciao amori miei!(Hello my loves!)
Ready to go?" Mr. Javier says. His strong italian accent sticking out.

"Yep. We just have to get our things and close up." Ms. D says walking out the back.
"I'll go with Javier Gwen. Jewel can go with you. We'll follow behind you guys, pick up Aidie and then we'll head over to the school together."

"Okay sure. Well andiamo!(let's go)We don't want to be late and not get parking spaces." He says, taking her bags from her.

Mr. Javier and Ms. D are not officially yet, but they have been on a few dates recently. The two should just make it official honestly. They already act like they are.