Chapter 34

Gwen's Pov

Gwen's Pov

"Welcome! I am grateful that you all have decided to come." Anderson says.

The Field

"As promised, Anderson will come forward so Aro can go through his memory

"As promised, Anderson will come forward so Aro can go through his memory." Steven states.

He walks up to us. His guards staying in place, but their eyes never leaving the king.

Aro meets him half way, each Volturi guard on high alert.
"As promised." He says stretching out his hand.

I take in his appearance, as well as the others behind him. No one seemed off, or nervous. But then again, some people are good at faking.

While Aro goes through his memories, I watch as Edward concentrates as well. My eyes flicker back to Aro as he releases his hand.

"He speaks truth." I look to Edward for confirmation and he stiffly nods his head.

"I would never lie about the death of my wife.Since my word has been confirmed true...should we head on in?" He turns slightly to the left, gesturing us forward.

"In where? It's nothing but trees behind you." Emmett exclaims.

Steven turns to one of his guards, and he raises his hand behind him, in the air. I watched confused, only until the scenery ripples.

"A portal?" Carlisle whispers, next to me.

"Shall we?" Anderson says, gesturing us to follow him.

Taking a hold of Carlisle's hand, we walk forward into the portal.

We enter into the portal, the once flowery field, now replace with beautiful yellow flowers.