Chapter 22

Gwen's Pov

Gwen's Pov

Walking into the living room, I find no one else there, but Esme.

"Esme-"

"They're in the tv room." Henry wastes no time running off to it. Shaking my head I walk to sit on the stool, watching Esme cook dinner.

"You're going to make Ms. D mad with you." I tell her and she laughs.

"Can you believe it? She says I'm never letting her cook anymore. I've never had any reason to, and now since meeting you all, our life has completely changed. Who would of thought, huh." Placing down the bowl filled with chocolate batter.

"I didn't mean to easedrop on you and Henry's conversation, but I really do hope you know that we are here for you." She says.

"The kids practically see you all as family. I swear Emmett never shuts up about you, and Renessmae adores the ground you walk on. Your like a little sister to me, and even though Luis may not talk much, he cares deeply for you. And so does Jacob and his clan. And we all know Carlisle is undeniably in love with you." She says, wiggling her eyebrows, making me laugh.

"I just want you to know Gwen, in spite of what happens, we're here for you and will stand with you. I know the reason you were practically born was to defeat the chaos, but that does not mean, that is your only reason for being here. You have a family that loves you, and who'll fight with you." I can feel the lump raising in my throat, but I hold my tears back.

"Honey we're home!!!!" A traiter tear falls from my eyes when I blink but I wipe it away fast. I feel to heavy arms fly around my neck. Almost making me fall off the stool.

"Bestie!!! I missed you. When are you coming back to work? It's dreadful without you." Jewel says, before taking a seat on the stool next to me. I look to Ms. D. She's not suppose to be here.

"It slipped that you would be home today, and she wouldn't take no for an answer." She says.

"Sure right I wasn't. I want to make sure my Henry is doing okay. Is he still sick?"

We may have lied and told Jewel that Henry came down with a bad cold, and I couldn't come in to work until he was okay.

"No way dude!! Definitely won."

"Seriously James. Stop trying to redeem yourself from losing to Emmett. Take your loss like a champ." The boys all enter the kitchen, laughing.

"Hey Gwen, James-" His smile slowly falls from his face. Looking from Jewel to me and then Jewel to me again.

"You seem to be doing a whole lot better ." Jewel says turning to me, her arms folded over her chest.
"He looks like a whole new person!"

"Mummy!!!" Aiden shouts, breaking the awkward silence that was once in the room.