Betrayal

'How can he emit chakra in the air around him so loosely that I can't even feel it and still be able to control it so accurately' Kurenai thought as wisps of chakra essence around her head started to enter her eyes, ears, nose, mouth, and skin. Some essence also entered her heart through the skin. It calmed her heart rate and even her five senses were under Yami's control.

After a minute Yami released Kurenai from the genjutsu and also lost all the control he had over her senses. After coming out from the genjutsu Kurenai had beads of sweat on her forehead and her breathing was a bit erratic.

"What's the matter, miss Kurenai? Did my yin chakra poison you by any chance?" Yami asked in a somewhat worried tone.

"No Yami it's just that I tried many times to break the genjutsu but I couldn't make my body disrupt the chakra as everything was under your control. Good work you might need a few years to master this completely but right now you are equal to me in terms of genjutsu proficiency. Now read the last part of the scroll which tells you how to use the instinct of your opponent against his allies. Only 1 hour is left and if you aren't able to comprehend it in an hour then you can try it again 2 days later. Don't rush as your progress needs to be steady and firm."

Yami started reading the last part of the scroll and it contained different rhythms of heartbeats. This showed how a person would react to a certain rhythm. Like the first rhythm would make the victim angry, 2nd would make him sad, 3rd would make him happy, 4th would make him sleepy, and so on. The scroll contained more than 20 of these rhythms from mildly angry to completely furious. From being a little sad to literally crying. The best thing about it was that the last rhythm could make the person always speak the truth and no seal or curse could interfere with it because it was happening in a genjutsu.

'Damm who thought Genjutsu could be this powerful' Yami and Kurenai both thought.

(Author: I did bitches)

"Yami wait here. I will be back in a few minutes." Kurenai said as she stood up and left the backyard. After a few minutes, Kurenai came back with a couple of dummies in one hand and a kunai in the other.

She stood in front of Yami just like before and positioned the dummies around her.

"Yami now assume that these dummies around me are my allies and we are all your enemy and this kunai is the only weapon. So now you have to make me kill one of these dummies with this kunai. Remember that I already know that you will put me in a genjutsu but you have to convince my instinct that the dummy is my enemy and you have to force me to kill my ally."

"But how can I make you attack your own ally when you already know?" Yami asked.

"Yami, in the shinobi world people will eventually know that you are a master in genjutsu so they will be prepared against it. Then it's up to you how you manipulate them." Kurenai knew that Yami is strong and mature enough that he should know how the shinobi world works. She was confident that Yami could make Genjutsu feared as much as ninjutsu and Taijutsu.

Yami nodded and put Kurenai under genjutsu. He made her appear in the forest where she and 3 others from Konoha were standing in front of a Kumo ninja. Kurenai looked around and saw that the Konoha shinobis around her were unknown to her. 2 of them were grown men while one was a young genin girl with a sword on her back who looked scared out of her wits.

"Making them my allies. Don't you think it is a mistake?" Kurenai smirked.

Yami who looked like a Kumo ninja just smiled and rushed towards one of the men standing beside Kurenai. He threw a kick at the man's chest. The man blocked the kick by crossing his arms around him. He blocked the kick with his arm but was pushed back. Kurenai rushed towards Yami with the kunai in her hand to stop Yami from attacking the man again but she suddenly felt extreme pain in her chest. She looked down and saw the tip of a sword coming out of her chest. She looked behind and saw the little girl thrusting the sword. The girl had tears in her eyes as she said "I-I am so-sorry. There was no other way."

Kurenai just smiled and said "So this was your plan. To use a girl as a means of betrayal. But I won't kill someone so young even if it's my own disciple. Shinobis may be used to bloodshed but many of us still have humanity left in us." After saying that she looked at Yami and expected him to be disappointed but instead Yami just had an evil smile on his face as he said

"It's good to know that you won't kill young kids like me. I can't have people know how strong my genjutsu is so forgive me as well Miss Kurenai Yuhi."

"W-What do you mean?" Kurenai asked as she was confused about what Yami was talking about. Then she realized something and attempted to break the genjutsu. She heard the sound of glass breaking and she found herself back in her backyard standing inside the circle. She saw that Yami wasn't in front of her and the pain of stabbing that she felt in the genjutsu hadn't disappeared. She looked down again and saw a kunai stabbed in her back.

She looked back and asked "Why...I helped you master genjutsus"

"I know but you are the only one who knows how good I am at it and I want to be the best. You are in my way Miss Yuhi" Yami shrugged as he pushed the kunai even further making Kurenai feel her life fading away.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

10 extra chapters on Patreon

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in synopsis as well