Cross the Limit

'Neji is just as naive as Hinata and Hanabi.' Hiashi thought as he glanced at Neji.

"He meant what he did wasn't his duty but a favor to us. Yami is from the Uchiha clan so it isn't like he doesn't know the hidden meanings behind these words. I went there to show my gratitude towards him but now I am in his debt. For you, this may seem a trivial thing but if Yami plays his cards right then this debt could become a big problem for us." Hiashi said. He knew that he could also be overthinking things but there were too many unusual things about Yami so it was best not to underestimate him.

Neji thought for a few seconds and looked at Hiashi with a determined gaze. "I am not sure if what you are saying is right or not but I am sure Yami won't make a difficult ask."

Hiashi raised his eyebrows and said "Oh...you trust your teammate to such an extent?"

Neji smiled and said " No...To trust someone one needs to know the person. I hardly know anything about him."

"Then why are you so confident?" Hiashi asked. He was a little surprised to hear Neji say that he hardly knew anything about Yami.

"Because Yami prefers to do things by himself. Even if he demands something from us in return for saving Hinata, we wouldn't be able to figure out what his end plan is."

"Hmm...that is reassuring as well as scary. Let's first go to the main house. Elder along with Hanabi is waiting there for us." Hiashi said and Neji nodded as he followed him.

Back at the main stadium while Yami was observing the doctors and nurses check every one of them, Yami suddenly felt a small jerk. For a second, he couldn't understand what was happening but then he understood that he had lost connection with the bat which he had sent to follow Kimimaro.

'The bat seems to have entered some kind of a barrier which broke its connection with the outside world. This must be Orochimaru's hideout or one of his jails where he makes people fight each other to the death.' Yami thought.

"Hey Yami" Kiba tapped Yami's shoulder which made him turn and look at Kiba and Akamaru. Kiba had a few injuries on his body but they were all patched up by the nurses.

"We are going to meet Lee in the hospital. You are coming, right?" Kiba asked. For him, it was obvious for Lee's teammate to go to the hospital. Although Team Guy didn't have such a relationship with each other. To make others not feel odd about this, Yami nodded and decided to go with them.

As the group entered the hospital, they saw that it was full of people. The civilians and shinobis were kept in different wings as Shinobis have stronger bodies and civilians need more attention.

"Where can we meet a patient named Rock Lee?" Kakashi asked.

The nurse glanced at Kakashi and then looked into the register for a few seconds before replying "He along with his jonin instructor has been admitted to ward B, room 16"

Kakashi looked back at Yami as if asking if he knew about this. "Don't look at me. This is the first time I am hearing of Guy sensei being admitted as well. He hates medicines, to begin with."

The nurse looked at Yami as he had called Guy his sensei. "Actually Mr. Maito Guy didn't want to get admitted and only came here to admit his student but Shizune-sama had him admitted.

"Oh, Shizune's here?" Kurenai asked. It had been many years since the two childhood friends last saw each other. Kurenai knew that Shizune had become Tsunade's disciple and was following her everywhere she goes including when Tsunade decided to leave the village. The entire group started walking toward Ward B, room 16.

As they entered ward B, they saw the number of medical staff had almost doubled. They realized this ward must be housing all the shinobis who fought actively against the intruders.

Woof Woof

Akamaru barked as he looked at Kiba. "What is Akamaru saying?" Kakashi asked. "He is saying that he has caught Lee's scent in the 5th room in the left row." Kakashi and Kurenai both nodded. This would make it easier to find Lee and Guy along with the fact that they didn't have to look at the other shinobis. Some of them were dead and in such a bad state that it could traumatize even a chunin. Most of the deaths had caused due to ambushes or due to the big brown snakes.

As they entered the room they were instantly faced with a bandaged Guy who was trying to get away from a black-haired woman with an injection in her hand.

"I would rather fight a million of those intruders than let you stab me with that needle Shizune." Guy said as he tried to free himself from the clutches of the nurses who had held him in place.

"Stop being a baby Guy. What happens to you suddenly when you come to the hospital?" the black-haired woman asked.

"It's good to see you Shizune." Kakashi said attracting Shizune's and Guy's attention.

"Huh...Kakashi, Kurenai you guys are here. These must be your students" Shizune said as he glanced at the genins.

"How are Guy and Lee?" Kurenai asked.

Shizune casted a glare at Guy and said "He is fine just needs to rest and take his medicines on time." she then turned toward Lee who was bandaged heavily as well and said "His situation is way serious. He is out of mortal danger but we fear he might never be able to become a shinobi. He hasn't just pushed his body to the limit but also crossed it. His case will be taken care of by Tsunade-sama herself so I can't say much." she had a gloomy look as she talked about Lee.

Everyone was astonished by what Shizune just said. For a shinobi to live like a normal person could be called a curse.

"HE IS MY STUDENT. HE WILL BECOME THE BEST TAIJUTSU MASTER " Guy shouted at Shizune and the group. He knew his student will never give up and as his sensei, it was Guy's job to lead him to the path of success.

-----------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://p@treon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.