Yami's Genin Team

After Yami finished his exam, the rest of the students also completed their graduation tests one by one but none of them were as impressive as Yami, not even close. After the exam finished all the kids who passed were standing on one side while the ones who failed were on the other side.

"Those who have failed go to your class with your Tanaka sensei." Iruka said.

The students were sad that they couldn't pass the academy and they looked down in embarrassment. Seeing this Hiruzen said

"Don't worry kids the fact that you didn't pass today's exam doesn't mean you won't graduate this year. Go and practice harder and Iruka sensei will take your exam once again."

As the students heard that they looked up with happy faces. Seeing that they were going to get another chance to graduate this year they were all pumped up. They bowed down to Hiruzen and thanked him.

"Come on kids let's go to class and discuss what you guys did wrong and how you can improve." Tanaka said.

"Yes sir" the students said as they followed Tanaka outside the training ground.

"Now one by one you guys come here to take your graduation certificate and your shinobi headband" Iruka said.

Eventually, the ceremony ended and Hiruzen even gave a speech on the will of fire like the one he does when the academy is enrolling kids. The graduates got pretty excited to go out in the shinobi world and make their mark. Little did they know that half of them won't even live to become a jonin.

"Kids now you can go home. Tomorrow we will announce your genin teams." Iruka said and all the children ran away to give their families the good news. As the training ground became quiet the only people left on the ground were Hiruzen and Iruka.

"Hokage-sama, was the objective that you had in mind completed?" Iruka asked. He was informed by Shikaku that this year's test will be different because Hokage-sama has something on his mind. Iruka knew that he wasn't too high in the food chain, not enough to ask Hiruzen or Shikaku any questions but he still decided to ask the question.

"Iruka come to the office in an hour and you will understand everything." Iruka nodded and left. Hiruzen also left the training ground and headed toward the Hokage tower.

---------------------------------------------------

1 hour later

Hokage office

"Hiruzen you are making a mistake. I can train the kid to be a better weapon for the village."

"Danzo don't make me repeat myself. I have already told you to maintain your distance from his brothers. You know the consequences very well, don't you?"

Danzo didn't bother to reply as he just snorted and left Hiruzen's office. Standing outside the door were Iruka, Shikaku, Might Guy, Kurenai and Asuma. As the door was flung open by Danzo Hiruzen signaled Shikaku to come in and bring others with him as well.

While everyone came inside the office Hiruzen asked "Asuma what are you doing here?"

"Well, I was with Kurenai when you summoned her, and I decided to accompany her. I can leave if this is only for selected ears." Asuma said. When he and Kurenai found out that she was summoned, they knew that this must have some connection to Yami. So Asuma decided to tag along. He had heard about Yami from Kurenai and Hiruzen a couple of times so he thought it was time to meet this little prodigy his friend and father have been talking about.

"

"No, it's fine. Asuma, Iruka the reason for the sudden change in exam format this year is because I felt we need to nurture a team of shinobi who can become the pillars of our village in the future. Just like the team of Tsunade, Jiraya, and Orochimaru. We need to give some students more opportunities at a very young age."

"So all the students who passed today are those students?" Iruka asked.

"No, not everyone. Just three of them to form a single team and will become a powerful search and destroy team. A team which is completely based on offense but won't be short on defense and sensor."

"So Dad have you found such a team?" Asuma asked. He had realized that Yami was definitely part of such a team which is why Kurenai was called here.

"Yes, the team will include Yami Uchiha, Rock Lee and Neji Hyuga, and Might Guy I want you to be their Jonin sensei." Hiruzen said looking at Might guy.

Might Guy as well as the others were shocked to hear it and when they thought properly they realized that Neji is a sensor as well as a good offense due to his kekkei Genkai, Rock Lee is a master at Taijutsu and Yami is good in ninjutsu and a monster in genjutsu.

"Hokage-sama can I ask why me?" Might guy asked. He felt honored that he was given such a chance and in his heart, he wanted to cheer as well but he knew he was standing in front of the village's Hokage.

"Because the thing they have in common is that they all are good at Taijutsu and I don't think anyone in this village can best you in it." Hiruzen said boosting Might guy even more.

"Dad the class graduating next year also has some good seedlings including Yami's elder brother Sasuke and Shikaku's son Shikamaru." Asuma said.

"Yess and Ino Yamanaka and Choji will also be good shinobis if they master their clan jutsus. So will such a team be created next year as well? I will have to adjust the training and curriculum of students that way." Iruka asked.

Before Hiruzen could say Shikaku spoke "But all of them are the successors to be for the next clan head. And Neji being from the branch clan will want to prove his prowess and Rock lee being looked down upon for not being able to use ninjutsu will work way harder than anyone."

"He is right. The seedlings of next year will have their attention divided between their clan and their village but these three have no such thing. At first, I thought that this wouldn't be possible in such a short time but Yami being a monster among prodigies brought all the skills that Neji and Rock Lee lack." Hiruzen said.

"Hokage-sama you are right. I have taught the kid Yami a couple of genjutsus and he has already surpassed me." Kurenai said.

"Good, now that we have everything discussed Might guy you will meet your team tomorrow. Will there be anything you need?" Hiruzen asked sitting back in his chair. He knew he was getting old and there were many vultures eyeing for his seat so he wanted to create something which would ensure the village's future.

"Eh...actually I can handle Rock Lee and Neji as their main strength is Taijutsu but I can't teach Yami ninjutsu and genjutsu."

"Might guy don't worry about genjutsu. Leave that brat to me. I will train him in genjutsu as for ninjutsu I don't know who can teach him." Kurenai assured Might guy.

"Shikaku do you have anyone in mind who will be skilled enough to handle Yami in terms of genjutsu?" Hiruzen looked at his trusted advisor.

"I think Kakashi will be best at it. He has rejected every squad given to him but I think he will be perfect to teach Yami." Shikaku said and everyone nodded while thinking

'Only a prodigy like Kakashi can handle Yami'

For early access to chapters subscribe to my patreo-n

-------------------------------------------------------

10 extra chapters on Patreon

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in synopsis as well