Meeting Kakashi Hatake

'When did he come behind me? I was following him from the academy so when did he detect me and get the time to create a clone and then follow me. I didn't even feel any chakra fluctuation from him.' Kakashi's mind was filled with questions to which he himself wanted answers.

"How did you find me and manage to hide from me while following me?" Kakashi asked while looking at Yami who was hanging upside down like a bat.

"Because I never followed you. After I sensed that you were following me I created a clone and came here. I didn't have to follow you...I had to bring you here and it was you who called me to meet at this training ground." Yami shrugged his shoulders.

'Even if he hid he shouldn't be able to get so close to me without me detecting his chakra unless he sealed his chakra points...but wait, then how is he...' As all this was going to Kakashi's head his eyes suddenly widened.

"I lost" Kakashi sighed and continued "The only way to sneak behind me so close without me knowing was to seal your own chakra points but you haven't sealed them and the proof is that you are standing upside down on this branch. All this comes down to only one answer..."

"I am in a genjutsu, aren't I?" As Kakashi said that Yami had a small smile on his face.

"You really didn't disappoint me Kakashi Hatake. Usually, someone else would have ignored the fact about me sneaking up behind them and not followed it to the end. But you investigated it till you came to a conclusion." Yami said and the noise of glass breaking was heard and Kakashi found himself still standing on a tree on the side of the academy and in front of him through the window he could see Might guy talking to Neji and Lee.

"When and how did I even fall in a genjutsu?" Kakashi wondered but then he heard someone call and wave at him. He looked down and saw a kid sitting on the swing. Kakashi was confused for a second as to who the kid was and how he found out when the kid's eyes turned into a 2 tomoe Sharingan.

"Is that...Yami??" Kakashi said and he jumped down in from of the kid.

poof

The kid changed into Yami making Kakashi think about what had just happened.

"I never really went to the academy for the past 2 years and just sent my shadow clones. Except for exams or ninjutsu tests, I didn't have to. But today I knew that only the squads will be announced so I didn't need to come personally and I thought let's see when does my Jonin sensei realize I am just a clone. I wanted to stay in close proximity of my clone so that I can replace it with another one if it gets destroys when the Jonin sensei tests me. The safest way to stay close was to play in this park in disguise and who would have thought that you would be here to test me as well." Yami explained everything to Kakashi. Actually, he didn't need to do it but he knew Kakashi would treat him like a kid on training wheels and Yami needed Kakashi to get to the good stuff like Chidori and all.

Yami knew that most probably Kakashi will become the jonin sensei of Sasuke, Naruto, and Sakura like the canon and then he won't teach Yami anything so he needed to get all skills out of Kakashi in a year while completing missions with his squad and Guy sensei. Kurenai didn't have anything to teach Yami as he had already surpassed her but her experience was valuable to him so he would have to meet her every week as well.

When Yami first saw Kakashi he thought that Kakashi was just here to meet Might guy but when Might guy told Yami's clone that Kakashi is waiting for him at training ground 12, his clone went outside the class and dispersed himself giving the memories to the real Yami who was in disguise. In his previous world, Yami admired Kakashi and his wit so as soon as he found out that Kakashi will be teaching him he decided to show Kakashi what level he was at.

Kakashi's mind was flooded with many things but all of that boiled down to one thing 'Seems like I will have to teach this kid seriously and keep my Sharingan active when I am around him or else I wouldn't even know when he put me in a genjutsu.'

Kakashi thought that he was pulled in a genjutsu because he had covered his Sharingan eye but he didn't know that Yami's genjutsu can't be seen through even with a Sharingan.

"So should we go to training ground 12 now?" Yami asked.

"No, I don't think we need to do that. I will come to the Uchiha compound tomorrow at 7 am. You can go home and rest now. I and Guy will chalk out a routine for me to train you and for your squad missions." Kakashi said as he had called Yami to the training ground to find out his strength but Yami had already proven it so it was unnecessary now.

"Alright, then I will take your leave." Yami said and he body flickered out.

"So he knows this jutsu too. Seems like he raided all the Uchiha scrolls. *sighs* I thought I could read the new version of Icha-Icha paradise in peace but now I have to give the Hokage sama a report of this kid's actions and even find what I can teach this little monster. What did I do to get such a hard life?" Kakashi could feel all the work that was going to come to him to train Yami and he already started feeling tired because of it.

------------------------------------------------------------

10 extra chapters on Patreon

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in synopsis as well