Preparations

"Naruto...He did say that he will talk to the Hokage about me. I didn't think he would really do it. I never thought that I would ever get to meet an Uzumaki in my life." Karin muttered as she looked down not realizing that Yami had already left.

As Yami entered the room, he took out an empty scroll and started writing something. After a few minutes, he rolled the scroll, tied it, and sealed it with the usual sealing jutsu. He had seen Guy and Kakashi perform this to open many official seals. Turns out you don't need to learn about fuinjutsu to know simple scroll seals. Yami then kept the scroll aside and started to write a letter. While writing he heard Sasuke's voice outside.

Knock

Knock

"Come in" Yami said as he hid the scroll and the letter he was writing under the pillow. The door opened and Sasuke along with Karin walked in. Even before walking inside his brother's room, Sasuke was happy and confused. He came home to tell Karin the good news that the Hokage had allowed her to stay in the hidden leaf, but turns out she already knew this and also that Naruto was the one who talked with Hokage-sama.

'Yami must have guessed the reason Naruto had us to wait after everyone left and then assume that Hokage-sama would agree as Karin is an Uzumaki. I am thinking too much about this.' Sasuke thought as looked at Yami sitting on his bed.

"Yami, I am going to train with Kakashi sensei for a month, so I don't think I can come home every day for the next month until the 3rd round starts." Sasuke said.

"Actually I was thinking about training in seclusion for a month as well." Yami said which caused Sasuke and Karin both to be a little shocked. Seclusion training isn't something that a genin does. It is something that powerhouses like those at the Kage level do. After the seclusion training, their strength even takes a big leap due to the progress they made in seclusion. The only difference would be that this seclusion training of theirs would be for a couple of months.

"Why do you need seclusion training? You are already strong enough to become a chunin. You even defeated Lee today who used his full power." Sasuke asked. He couldn't understand why his brother who never showed and said anything that could indicate him as ambitious, would want to suddenly become strong.

"What? You defeated Lee?" Karin asked looking at Yami and then Sasuke but both decided to ignore her.

"Nothing much big brother. I just want to try something that's been on my mind for quite some time." Yami was about to say more but looked back at the wall. He wasn't exactly looking at the wall but in the direction. He sensed someone had entered the compound.

Yami looked back at Sasuke and asked "Was someone going to come?"

Sasuke facepalmed himself and said "Oh yes I forgot. Kakashi sensei said he will be coming to meet Karin." Yami also remembered that Shikaku had told Kakashi to meet Karin and verify everything about her. Kakashi being a veteran Anbu operative is definitely more than capable enough to judge whether Karin is telling the truth or not.

"You both go out there to talk to Mr. Kakashi. I will come in a few minutes." Yami said. Sasuke nodded and took Karin with her While leaving Karin asked Sasuke in a low voice "What will this sensei of yours ask me?"

Yami closed the door as he had no interest in watching Kakashi interrogate her. Even though Kakashi said that he was coming to talk to her everyone including Karin knew that this was going to be a mild interrogation.

Yami sat back on his bed and took out the letter that he hid. Due to his enhanced senses, he could hear the questions Kakashi was asking Karin. He decided to ignore them and focused on writing the letter.

'If the letter reaches at the right time under the right circumstances, a big problem can be solved.' Yami thought as he finished the letter. Yami rolled up the letter and tied a thread to it. He then performed some hand signs and a bat appeared near his window. The bat was a little different than the other bats. Simply put it was fat.

Yami picked up the scroll and held it in front of the bat. The bat opened its mouth and swallowed the scroll whole. Yami then proceeded to tie the letter to the bat's legs.

"Give the scroll and letter to Zabuza." Yami said and the bat flew away disappearing in the clear sky.

Yami then left his room and as he entered the hall he saw Karin crying while Kakashi and Sasuke were still quietly on the other side of the table. Yami could see that Sasuke was furious as he had clenched his fists and was practically gritting his teeth.

'I guess Karin narrated about her and her mom's file in the hidden grass.' Yami thought.

Seeing Yami come Karin wiped her tears and sat quietly. Kakashi looked at Yami and asked "So Yami what are you going to do the entire month? Have you thought of anything?"

Before Yami could reply Sasuke spoke "Sensei he is going in seclusion for a month." Kakashi raised his eyebrows as he heard that. He himself had never gone into seclusion and he hardly knew anyone who did this so he was surprised.

'What is he gonna do for him to even go into seclusion? Though one month is not a long time I don't know what this monster could learn now that would require him to go away from everything for a month.' Kakashi thought. He didn't ask anything as he knew Yami would've told him if he wanted to.

Kakashi looked at Karin and said "Karin although you can live in the village, you will be trained by 2 shinobis appointed by the village." He then looked at Sasuke and said "In the evening, Hayate and Yugio will come to pick her up. They are the guardians allotted to her by Hokage-sama."

-------------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://p@treon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.

I am writing a novel called 'Soul Spirit Ascension' on webnovel. Give it a read and let me know how you like it.