Plan B

I am back to full health so the extra chapters will be restored in a day or two.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BANDIT VALLEY...

In the darkness of night, a flare was seen up in the sky. At one side of the valley transformed Yami who was seated with a drunk bandit group along with its leader saw this flare.

*sigh* "Seems like it's time to sleep guys." Yami said in a tired voice. He personally didn't want to go to plan B as it was messy and filled with uncertainty. Yami didn't like surprises and now with plan B he needed to be ready to fight anyone in the valley, including an envoy from the cloud village if their timing is bad.

The bandits around Yami heard this and looked at him and asked "What do you mean Genji?"

The boss also looked at Yami as they didn't know what this flare was about. It didn't seem like an attack nor a call for re-enforcements so they looked for Yami for an answer. The next second in front of everyone Yami disappeared.

"Huh?...where did he go?" a couple of bandits asked and looked around. The boss threw the bottle of booze he had in his hand and pulled out the dagger that was on his waist. He also wanted to find Yami but he had a bad premonition and then suddenly one of the bandit's voice caught his attention.

"See...he is up there." a bandit said. They didn't know when he jumped so up. They saw him perform some hand seals which made the boss clench the dagger even more and then....

BOOOOOMMMMMmmm.....!!!!

A large fireball enough to cover everyone present there came out of Yami's mouth. The next thing the bandits saw was too much brightness and they were enveloped by it before they could make any sound.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

OUTSIDE THE VALLEY

Neji was sitting under a tree and beside him were the two guards Genji and Daisuke who Yami had lured from the border patrol. They were unconscious and had their chakra points sealed by Neji.

After 15 minutes of capturing them, Neji saw a flare come out of the valley.

'This is in the middle part of the valley which means it was Mr. Kakashi that shot this flare. Anyways I don't need to keep these two bandits ali....' As Neji was thinking he saw a small red glow coming from one end of the valley which was closest to where Yami and Kakashi had entered.

'Seems like Yami is in a conflict as well.' Neji thought and quickly pulled out a kunai. He looked at the unconscious bandits and was about to stab the kunai in his heart when he stopped some centimeters from his heart.

'This is the first time I am taking a life...I feel nervous. NO, I shouldn't. Yami killed the first time as well today and now there he is killing more of them. I can't fall behind.' Neji thought and with two swift motions, he stabbed the two guards.

On the other side of the valley...

Team Baki and the sand Jonin saw the flare as well. The light of the fireball wasn't too big from their perspective but they still noticed it.

"Baki you go with Gaara from the left and me along with Temari and Kankuro will take the right side. Might guy along with his student Rock Lee will jump in the middle from the mountain to assist Kakashi." the sand jonin said.

Baki nodded and asked "I don't know why jumping into the valley from the mountain is such a good idea for those two? They can't even use chakra."

"I don't know that but Kakashi himself said that Guy and Lee will jump from the top which means he is confident in their physical capabilities and the mountain isn't steep enough that they would have to make a straight jump down. Let's get to work faster. Neji can't enter the valley until Yami meets him at the border. No matter how talented their still genins who graduated this year. They have strict instructions not to split until the second signal is given." the sand jonin said and then looked at Temari and Kankuro who were both nervous. He then left with both of them.

Baki looked at Gaara and said "Let's go Gaara. Finish the bandits before the other groups."

Gaara looked at Baki and then at the valley and said "Mother wants their blood."

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Yami had just thrown a fireball at a group of bandits. As he landed on the ground he saw that almost all of the bandits had burned to a crisp.

'They weren't even worth devouring.' Yami thought as he heard some rustling. He looked at the side and saw a burnt piece of flesh crawling among the burnt corpses. Yami walked toward it and noticed that the man had melted gold on some of his body parts which had burned through his skin.

'This seems like the boss. Let's try to devour him.' Yami thought as he activated his devouring law and touched the crawling piece of flesh but nothing happened.

'Huhh...seems like to devour a person he/ she needs to be dead.' Yami said and with a slash of the kunai he cut the head off. He also searched his body for any storage scrolls were either they burned like everything else or he wasted it all on gold. Yami again tried to devour him and this time he succeeded.

'My body seems physically stronger but my chakra capacity didn't increase at all. There are many things about this law that I don't understand.' Yami thought as he left the scene. He was walking toward the border as he had to meet Neji first and then take care of the rest of the guards on this side of the valley. He was still in his transformed form and he decided to keep it that way.

As Yami was walking he sensed three people coming toward him. He saw that those three were guards as well. Yami went in front of them and said

"Guys, what do you think is happening back in the valley?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 extra chapters on Patreon

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in synopsis as well