Battle on the Bridge Part 2

"Kakashi our welcome party is already here." Guy said in his usual enthusiastic tone. They all had expected that Gato's goons would attack them today but they didn't think they would be here early in the morning.

Kakashi gave a side eye to Yami and said "Something must have spooked Gato." Sasuke and Neji also couldn't help and sneak a glance at Yami who wasn't even looking at the bandits.

On the other side of the bridge, 10-15 bandits were standing. Most of them looked like leaders of different bandit groups. Most of them were the leaders that Yami had seen yesterday going for the meeting and some were just their right-hand men.

The burly bandit that Yami saw yesterday looked at one of the other leaders and asked "Where is that one-eared freak that was at the meeting yesterday?"

The other bandit smirked and said "He was talking a lot about killing hidden leaf shinobis but looks like he chicken out at the last moment."

A female bandit leader leaning on a tree nearby looked at everyone around her and said "He isn't the only one who chickened out. In yesterday's afternoon meeting, we 4 groups had agreed but now except me only one group is present. 2 groups chickened out as well.

Yami and his allies could only see these 10-15 bandits but they knew that the jungle behind them must be full of other bandits. Yami had already sensed the presence of close to 100 people inside the forest.

"Neji try to see how many are they with your eyes." Guy said to which Neji nodded and activated his Byakugan. He looked around for a few seconds and then deactivated his eyes.

"Guy sensei, the number is close to 200. I can't say for an exact number but all of them have weak chakra signatures." Neji said.

Kakashi quickly formulated a plan and said "Yami and Sakura stay with Tazuna. Sasuke, you and me will take on the bandits that come on the left side of the bridge." Sasuke nodded and unsheathed his sword. He didn't activate his Sharingan as this fight was going to test his endurance and not his strength.

"Neji you and me will take the right side." Guy said as he quickly took his fighting stance. Neji covered his palms with chakra ready to display the Hyuga Taijutsu he was so proud of.

On the other side of the bridge, the bandits were talking to each other as they didn't know whether to initiate the attack or not. They were waiting for Gato.

After a few seconds, Gato wearing his usual attire and black sunglasses appeared from the forest.

"There were a few setbacks but now things are back on track. Everyone be ready. Your target is the old man standing at the back." he then looked at one of the bandit leaders and asked "Did you do what I told you to?"

The bandit nodded and said "As per your instructions I have sent 3 of my men to capture the old man's family."

A creepy smile appeared on Gato's face as he said "Tazuna let me see if you are still stubborn after I have your daughter and grandson in my grasp."

The bandits started to come out of the forest and walked toward the bridge. Many looked like run-of-the-mill bandits with simple farming tools as weapons but there were many who were proper mercenaries and had weapons.

Yami looked to the side and saw a stack of wooden planks. He went and sat there to make himself comfortable.

'They do have quantity but there is no quality. Kakashi and Guy both didn't need to take part in the fight. Only one of them would have been enough.' Yami thought.

By this time the bandits had started running. The bandit leaders and their right hand men didn't rush as they planned to tire out the shinobis first. One bandit leader who was wearing a cloak looked at his right-hand man and said "Tell our men to go from under the bridge and ambush the old man. He is only protected by a girl and a kid. Both of them will be easy targets."

"Yes Sir" the man said and left.

Kakashi who was a few feet away from the bandits said "Sasuke throw a fireball at them and start cutting them down. After the fireball fight with only physical strength unless necessary."

'I want to see how much Sasuke can last with only Taijutsu. I am not worried about him getting injured or dying as Yami will be watching the whole time. Never did I think that I would put so much trust in a 9-year-old.' Kakashi chuckled in his head.

Sasuke nodded and performed the seals to throw a fireball. He made sure to focus on the spread of the fireball rather than the temperature. The opponents weren't shinobis so they wouldn't be able to protect themselves.

The huge fireball swept at the bandits. Many of the bandits wanted to run away from it but their entire vision was covered by the fireball. They had no escape. The fire wasn't high enough to instantly turn them to ashes but they couldn't help but wreath in pain. Some who weren't too burned jumped down into the river underneath. Kakashi quickly took advantage of all this chaos and moved between the bandits attacking their vital spots. He wanted to kill each and everyone with only one move. This was the best way to keep fighting for all. Sasuke also stabbed those who were already on the ground squirming because of the burns. He didn't want to keep them suffering.

Hearing their screams, smelling their burnt skin, and seeing their black bodies rolling on the ground, Sasuke wanted to vomit but he held himself and continued stabbing and slashing the bandits with his sword.

Sakura who saw such a dreadful scene for the first time in her life ran to the nearest railing and puked into the river.

----------------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.

Discord link in synopsis