Backup Team

Extra chapter as promised

Extra 10 chapters on my P@treon

Link in synopsis

------------------------------------------

Kiba then looked at Yami and said "Yami next time I will defeat you."

Ino looked at Kiba and said "Stop dreaming Kiba. You will never be able to defeat Yami."

Seeing this Hanabi was confused 'On whose side is this girl?'

Shikamaru walked a few steps ahead and said "Yami we individually may not be able to defeat you but if we all fight with you again in the future then our goal would be to defeat you."

Everyone agreed with Shikamaru's statement and nodded including Hanabi. Kurenai and Asuma were impressed as they saw their lazy genins make such a determined statement.

"As long as you guys don't slack off and continue practicing you can defeat him." Kurenai added a little encouragement of herself in the mix to boost the confidence of the kids.

Yami shrugged and then looked at everyone and at the end his eyes landed on Shikamaru as he said "Shikamaru did you forget I am an Uchiha? Next time make it your goal to make me use my Sharingan. That would be a good start." he winked as he said that. Everyone realized at that moment that the thing that made the Uchiha clan above others was their Sharingan and Yami didn't even use them once in the entire fight. They all felt that Yami had pushed them in a bottomless hole. They realized how weak they really were. The one most affected was Kiba as he had full confidence of handling strong missions and now seeing Yami's power he understood why the village makes Genins only take D and C-rank missions.

Yami then looked at Asuma and said "Let's get going."

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hidden Leaf Village

Hokage building...

Like always Hiruzen was sitting in his office and Shikaku was talking to someone outside the door.

"Yes let send them in directly." Shikaku said to the person on the other side of the door and closed the door. He then looked at Hiruzen and said

"Hokage-sama Team Guy will be here any minute now. I have sent an Anbu squad to call them."

Hiruzen looked up from the paper he was reading and nodded. He then asked "What is the status of the Kumo ninjas at the border of Land of Wind and Land of Fire?"

Shikaku shrugged and said "Danzo said that he wanted to handle those Kumo ninjas. The final report I got was that 5 were assassinated by the root and 3 were nowhere to be found. They most likely fled."

Hiruzen raised his eyebrows and asked "What did the Kumo ninjas do to get Danzo so pissed off?"

"Hokage-sama if I am ask, why are you planning to send Team Guy. There are squads available to provide Team Kakashi support. They just came back from the mission this morning." Shikaku asked.

"You already know my wish to make Team Guy the face of Konoha but I feel that they haven't interacted much with the other shinobis. Not even of their own academy batch. I want Team Guy to have good relations with other teams as well. And about this mission, the backup isn't too necessary. According to Kakashi's report, Zabuza is dead and a shinobi from the hidden mist took him away." Hiruzen said and then Shikaku understood the rest as he said

"You are just sending a backup team so that if someone with the resources to hire one of the seven swordsmen of the mist attacks Team Kakashi, the backup team can be of help. The chances of Team Kakashi actually needing help is low." Just then the door opened and Team Guy entered followed by Asuma.

Seeing Asuma Hiruzen frowned and asked "What is the matter Asuma?". Hiruzen asked as a father, not as the Hokage.

Seeing his father with a worried face Asuma chuckled and said "It's nothing. When Anbu came to call Yami, I was there with him. I wondered what could be so urgent and that's why I came with him here."

Hiruzen sighed hearing that and said "It's not urgent but of considerable importance which is why an Anbu was sent."

He then looked at Team Guy and explained to them the report and his decision to send them as a backup.

Guy and Lee wanted to leave right away after listening to this but Hiruzen assured them that Zabuza has been taken care of and they are only being sent if the real perpetrator sends someone else to attack.

"Team Guy you can leave within the next 3 hours. No need to hurry. As Kakashi said they plan to stay until the bridge is completed. So the one behind these attacks will likely attack launch a big attack when the bridge is about to be completed so that they can overwhelm Team Kakashi." Hiruzen said as he looked at everyone from Team Guy.

Yami and his teammates nodded and then left with Guy. As they left the office Hiruzen looked at Asuma and said "What did Yami want with you?"

Asuma didn't dive deep into the matter and only said that Yami wanted to learn to apply wind chakra on his kunai and Kurenai referred him to Asuma.

"Hmm...Uchiha clan has their own Shurikenjutsu techniques and if he learns to apply wind chakra to it then that would be a considerable boost. By the way did you notice his expressions while I was reading the report?"

Asuma shrugged and said "I did see him but I didn't find anything odd about it. He had the same cold eyes and indifferent expression."

Shikaku looked at Asuma and said "That should be the expression of a shinobi taking a mission but that shouldn't be the expression of a 9-year-old who just find out that his elder brother fought with a strong criminal. The seven swordsmen of the mist all are almost S-rank shinobis."

Hiruzen nodded at Shikaku's conclusion but Asuma waved his hand and said "I think you guys are thinking too much into this. I think Yami just has a good poker face."

"Let's hope you are right Asuma...lets hope you are right." Hiruzen muttered.

Write a review for this novel

----------------------------------------------

To read 10 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://p@treon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.