Hiruzen's Worries

Hearing this Hiruzen frowned and said "What do you mean by that Shikaku? He is just a kid and it's obvious that he hasn't decided what he wants to be. Why did you feel that odd?"

Shikaku responded by saying "That's not what I am saying. For someone whose entire clan and family were killed by his own eldest brother Sasuke has shown some degree of contempt and anger toward Itachi but Yami has never done anything like that. For someone who is so strong at such a young age, Yami should have ambitions like rebuilding the Uchiha clan or becoming a strong shinobi to take revenge but Yami never said anything like this. The thing that alarmed me the most was something that Kakashi told me in passing."

'Something that Kakashi said? Kakashi may not be the strongest shinobi in our village but he is one of the smartest. If he said something which means it holds considerable merit.' Hiruzen was thinking when Shikaku continued talking.

"He said that Yami's lightning element affinity is the strongest but even after showing him Chidori, Yami didn't display any kind of greed to obtain it nor did he pester him to teach that jutsu like any other kid. Even 2 days ago when Kakashi started to teach Yami Chidori, he didn't rush to learn it like someone hungry for power instead he even joked about it and practiced Chidori at a stable and smooth rate. That brought me to the conclusion that Yami doesn't have high and mighty ambitions like Neji who wants to prove himself to the main clan or Lee who wants to become the strongest Taijutsu specialist. Because of him even Sasuke who used to be a bit arrogant and aloof has started mixing with his classmates at the academy. According to the anbu squad guarding Naruto, he and Sasuke spar after school."

Shikaku thought Hiruzen would be happy listening that Yami wasn't arrogant and ambitious like his clan used to be but Hiruzen's expression hold him that he was more tense than before.

"What's the matter Hokage-sama?" Shikaku asked.

Hiruzen got up from his chair and looked back at the window from his office. From here he could see the entire village and could also see the Hokage mountain. Hiruzen had the habit of looking out whenever he was thinking deeply.

A sigh escaped the old Hokage's mouth as he said "Inoichi's daughter Ino is head over heals for Yami but according to what Inoichi said that day Yami didn't even indicate anything that would tell us that he is interested in Ino. If Yami was someone who wanted to just live a peaceful life, he would have at least considered talking to her and enjoying his childhood like everyone wants to but he didn't."

Hiruzen turned back and looked at Shikaku straight in the eye with made Shikaku flinch for a second and said

"Shikaku, Yami is ambitious and way more than Sasuke. It's just that he is so good at hiding it that it makes me worried. He has tremendous potential but he never bothered anyone in the academy. Not because he is humble but because he doesn't consider them worthy of giving attention to. During the mission he didn't go back to Neji because he cares about his teammates but because Yami's only weakness is that he isn't a sensor. For him Neji was just a tool he needed at that time so he went there to fetch. If he truly cared about his teammate he would've just gone back and watched Neji fight with the bandits and only interfered when Neji was in mortal danger. But instead he killed those bandits as soon as he reached Neji's location."

Shikaku's eyes widened after hearing this. What he thought was a good thing turned out to be completely opposite.

"Hokage-sama do we need to take any steps against this?"

Hiruzen shook his head and said "No...as long as there isn't any reason for Yami to think of us as the enemy we don't need to worry. He is smart enough not to show his ambitions until he reaches Kage level. Kakashi won't be back for another 4-5 days. Call Might Guy and his team tomorrow. Give them a C-rank mission. Yami didn't expose much of his strength to the Sand Shinobis in this mission. Tell Guy not to send his team application for this year's chunin exam. Yami may attract too much attention there."

Shikaku nodded and continued with his work. Hiruzen again turned back toward the window and thought 'I hope Danzo doesn't do anything that will make Yami an enemy of this village. As long as the threat of Itachi looms over his head, he will take his next steps carefully.'

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hidden cloud village...

Raikage building...

In a big while room there were 12 people sitting at the round table. They were all wearing dark grey and white kimono and had tan skin and blonde hair. There were a couple of old people on the table as well but the others had refined muscles.

Two of those men had burly figures. One had a buff body and a goatee. He wore big golden bracelets on both his arms. The other one wasn't muscles as the last one but was on the fat side. He had a french beard, sunglasses and two blue line tattoos on both his cheeks.

"Yo, why do you all look so down yo." the man in sunglasses said. Many people sitting at the table looked at him with slight anger. Some even face-palmed themselves. The burly man with the goatee looked at him and said

"Bee this is a serious matter. Our jonins disappeared without a trace from the face of the earth."

He then proceeded to look at the other people and bang the white table making cracks appear on it. "WHY HAVEN'T YOU FOUND ANYTHING?" he roared making many people shiver a little. This man was the Fourth Raikage A.

(A/N: I don't know why but just A as the name of Raikage feels odd. I wonder what the writer smoked that day)

Write a review for this novel

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To read 7 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://p@treon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.