(2) A Hat and Cup Noodles

1st person Y/N POV

I started making my way over to the convenience when I heard something snap behind me. I turned around to see what it was but I was faced with nothing but darkness. It was dark and late out, but I didn't really notice how dark it actually turned out to be. 

I continued on but the calm tranquil feeling I had when I was walking earlier wasn't there. All I could feel was worried, and I felt like I wasn't alone. I quickened my pace, trying my best to get into the store as quickly as possible.  I entered the store, looking behind me as I walked though the doors. Nobody was there...

I started towards the cup noodles aisle and picked up a few until someone tapped my right shoulder. 

"AH" I screamed, dropping all the cup noodles in my arms. 

"It's okay! I didn't mean to startle you." Rui said as he scratched the back of his head. "Here, you forgot this." He stated as he handed me my clip on top hat. Once again I had forgotten to retrieve it..

"Oh! Uhh.. Thank you! I didn't know I left my top hat behind. Thanks for bringing it to me!" I replied as I took my hat from his hands. I then picked up the noodles I dropped from earlier, thanked Rui once again, paid for my noodles, and left the store.       

__________________________________

Rui's POV

As I watched Y/N exit the store, I too began starting towards the door as well. 

"So.... Is she your girlfriend?" The cashier said with a sly grin on his face. My ears instantly perked at the sound of those words. 

"What? No, that lady isn't my girlfriend. Also, your cash register seems to be broken. Mind if I fix it for you?" I say trying to change the subject. It was true though, the cashier's cash register was indeed broken. It would be fun to fix it since I haven't fixed a cash register in a while. Ever since I joined WxS I haven't been able to fix up anything else other than robots and animatronics for our shows. 

"Hey wait a minute. Aren't you Rui Kamishiro? From Wonderland Showtime?" The cashier said with one eyebrow raised. 

"Oh yea haha, I am." I replied not looking away from the broken register. The cashier sat there in silence watching me fix his register. It was a peaceful silence and nobody felt uncomfortable. 

After I fixed up the cashiers register, the cashier handed me a free bar of chocolate as a thanks for fixing his register. After that I made my way home. That cashier was a nice person. He deserves a better job.

I walked home thinking that I should get as much rest as possible. I mean, there is a show that must go on tomorrow and Kaito would never buy "I spent over an hour fixing up a cash register" as an excuse to not go on with the show. 

As I opened my door, I went straight to my room and plopped myself onto my bed. As I lay in bed, I think about how many days Y/N would stay in the group until she leaves all of us like the rest of the previous crew members. Somebody joins, then they leave after some time. Apparently people leave because we're too cheerful and "annoying" but I don't get how... I looked at my phone to check the time. "10:56.." I whispered. I put my phone down and closed my eyes. Soon I drifted into the dream world. 

___________________________________

Y/N POV

As I sat down with my cup of noodles in one hand and my phone on the other, I can't help but think about why the writer of this story is so bad at writing.. I can't believe how bad she is at writing... You need to write better stories Author. Either way, maybe I should just finish my food and sleep. I still have to go back to the SEKAI and practice with everyone else tomorrow. Goodnight me :)

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

End Of Chapter 2 :)

Sorry for the short chapter! I got very lazy in the end haha. This book was originally just gonna be made for fun cuz me and my friend were having a sleepover and we decided to make fan fics with our favorite characters. I ended up taking a liking to the plot and story I came up with considering I don't see much Rui x reader books on Wattpad so I decided to make my own!