(17) the heartbreak

rui POV

ever since the day of the christmas sleepover, tsukasa and emu just wouldn't stop irritating me about the situation with y/n and i. 

i had already planned to inform her of my feelings after our upcoming show. the next song we were performing was tondemo wonderz (i couldnt think of any other, but if you want, you can replace the song)

after the show, i would confess backstage. i wouldn't want to confess in front of an audience so that she wouldn't be too shocked or embarrassed. i felt giddy just thinking about the plan. 

my alarm beeped at 2:45 pm. it was time for practice. i played an untitled song and made my way into sekai. the others were already here along with len and rin. apparently, miku and kaito had business in another sekai so we were going to have len and rin help us. 

"rui!! come and join us! we just got started." len grinned and waved frantically. i laughed at his actions and started towards the group. i greeted everyone and greeted y/n as well, except i  greeted her differently. i waved and said hello to everyone, but for y/n i patted her head and smiled. that was how i greeted her everyday during practice. she would always look up and smile back at me. 

all of us scurried to our places and began practicing. we were working hard on todays practice because our next show was in 2 days, and we wanted to perfect this dance. if i'm being honest i've never been so excited for a show before. 

y/n POV

after practicing for a while, we decided to take a break. i was headed towards a pile of cupcakes for a snack, but someone had stopped me. 

"y/n! come hang out with us! we're having," emu looked around for a second to see if anyone else was nearby. "we're having girl talk!!" she finished with a whisper shout. i giggled and followed her to the rest of the girls. 

the group of girls which consisted of rin, nene, emu, and surprisingly luca, had been sitting in a circle together.

"hi y/n! come! sit sit!!" rin said, patting the empty spot next to her. 

"thanks rin. i'm glad you're here luca! usually you'd be hanging out in other sekai's but i'm glad you could make it here." i said grinning at her. 

"alright! let's begin our... girl talk.." emu looked around her brain for a good question to answer, and who it would be for. suddenly her eyes lit up. "y/n! do you have a crush?"

"i- uhmm, well- i guess i do..?" i managed to stutter out. "although, i don't think he reciprocates my feelings."

"who?" nene asked, looking up from her game and looking at me. "you don't have to share of course if you're not comfortable."

"thank you, i do prefer not to share." i say, scratching my head. "what about you emu? do you like anyone?"

"hmm... i guess i do! i'm not sure though... every time i'm near them, i get all dizzy and excited.. AND my tummy starts doing little flips- like the ones we do when we dance!" emu rambles. 

"my dear emu.. you're in love" luca giggles. to us, she's like the mom of the group. "you should definitely tell this special person about how you feel. once you're comfortable of course!"

"how do you know so much about love, luca?" rin questions her. 

"don't tell miku, but sometimes i steal her romance mangas and read them hehe" he says, placing a hand over her mouth to quieten her voice. we all laugh, and continue talking about things until we had to practice again. 

time skip to the day of the show

"eeek!! i'm so excited! i feel like i'm gonna explode with glitter and ice cream!!" emu yelled from backstage. i swear even kaito could hear the word ice cream from the real world. 

i walked towards emu, taking her hand and pulling her away from the rest of the group. 

"okay, do you remember your plan? for after the show?" i ask her. she was very serious about this plan, and wanted everything about i to be perfect. 

"of course! after the show, i'll take her backstage and go out for ice cream with her. then, we'll go into sekai at night and watch the fireworks!! AND THEN, i ask her!" emu ran through her plan remembering every single bit of it. "let's just hope i don't mess up.."

"you won't i promise you. you've always been there for her so why wouldn't she say yes?" i reassured her. she smiled back at me and we made out way back to the rest of the group. 

"alright! you guys are on in 5." a backstage staff reminded us. with that, we got on stage and into our positions. 

time skip again because i'm too lazy to write the dancing part <33

after the show, i quickly ran back stage to check on emu. she was pacing around the room, waiting for me. she was really nervous.. 

"are you ready? don't worry, just remember your plan and you'll be fine." i said. she nodded and hugged me. 

"thank you for helping me y/n, i'll make sure you're the first to know what happens!" she said as she ran off. i smiled and waved to her and she made her way towards nene. (a/n for you emunene shippers <3)

"y/n! can i talk to you real quick? i have something to ask you." i heard a voice behind me say. as i turned around, i saw hiro. 

rui POV

my heart was beating out of my chest. tsukasa was following behind me. 

"are you okay? do you need one of the great tsukasa's poses to cheer you up?" he asked. 

"no, i'm fine. is it alright if i can have some time to myself?" i said as i looked to the floor. he nodded and left. before he left, a whispered a small 'good luck' and walked away. 

i took in a deep breath, and exhaled. i walked around for a while, looking for something that would keep my mind off the current situation. i was going to confess to y/n. i had brought her favorite flowers and chocolates for the occasion. 

"you got this. it's just one simple question, why are you getting so nervous over it?" i asked myself. when i finally mustered the courage to go see her, i began walking to the place i last saw her. 

when i saw her, my eyes widened. i froze. i dropped the flowers and chocolates. what... why.

why.. was she kissing hiro..?

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

hii!! sorry for the late chapter and the confusing ending lmao. this chapter was really hard to get out cuz of my writers block and i've been feeling really sick lately. thank you for waiting! this chapter was also quite short, and i apologize for that. 

thx for reading this chapter, and i'll see you guys in the next one <33 byee