18. feelings

...

rui pov

what..

why was she kissing hiro..?

i slowly backed away form the scene before me. no way was this happening. this must definitely be a nightmare, right? i'll just go home and sleep, and then i'll wake up and everything will be back to the way it was! yeah, that's what i'll do. 

i quickly went to go pick up my bag, suddenly running into tsukasa on accident. 

"rui! so, how did your confession go? i know for sure she said yes! in celebration, i'll make a pose, just for you!" he gleamed with happiness. 

i walked past him, not saying a word. after picking up my stuff, i quickly left the stage and began walking home. i will wake up, and everything with be back to the way it was. it has to be. 

suddenly, i dropped all my things. i collapsed then and there on the sidewalk. tears streaming down my cheeks. 

after trusting her so much with my feelings... why? why must she make me cry like this? why did i even catch these feelings anyways? why... why am i like this? i should've known she would go with hiro. they've been best friends for years, and i? barely as long. i never should've caught feelings for her. i should've just stuck to making robots. 

.

.

.

flashback

"i.. i like you! please be mine!" i confessed, holding out a small heart shaped bot. 

"i'm sorry rui, but we're just friends.. and i already like someone else, i truly am sorry.." 

"rejection again..." i whispered under my breath as i tried to hold my tears back. 

"what was that? i couldn't hear you."

"it was nothing, it's not like you would care about it anyways." i saw, walking away from the girl i thought i had loved. 

"rui..? what happened. your face is all red and you're crying." nene placed her hands on my shoulders, putting her game away into her pocket. 

"rejection once again.." i softly said. 

she engulfed me into a calming hug, but before i knew it, tears had already begun soaking her uniform. 

"it's alright, i got rejected too. we can spend this valentines together again. i'm sure next year will definitely be our year." nene reassured me. 

of course i didn't believe her. by next year, we had both given up on finding love, and instead focusing on what we thought was important. i stuck to creating machinery while nene stuck to her games. 

from time to time, i would find interest in someone, but then i would soon find out that they were already taken. same thing with nene. 

that was when we came to the conclusion that both of us we're just never made to love. 

.

.

.

end of flashback

i think it would be best if i just stayed inside for the rest of my life. that way i would never feel rejection ever again. i would never find interest in anyone. it would be for the best.