11

"Belmont! No!" Sypha yelled, her blind faith getting the better of her. She was arguing with Trevor, pleading for him to trust a vampire. "He's the one we've been waiting for,".

"No, he's not," Elizabeth joined in, how could Sypha be so blind? Elizabeth looked at the red-head, "Can't you see it? Look at this room, really look at it. He's not been waiting for hundreds of years. Have you?" She addressed the creature directly.

"I don't like your tone, Belmont," it warned her. She didn't back down, she repeated the questioned, demanding an answer, "This place barely has a layer of dust on the surfaces. The machines outside are still functioning and the tapestries should have rotted by now from the moisture in the air. Now you tell her, vampire, how long have you been down here?" She purposefully exaggerated the word vampire as he had with her name.

The monster turned his gaze from Elizabeth to Sypha, "What is the year of your Lord?" he asked patiently.

"1476."

"Perhaps a year, then." His voice was still calm and slow. Trevor began again, arguing with Sypha as she still clung to her folktale messiah. The beast watching intently and arguing back and forth with him for what seemed like hours as the weight of the great sword was becoming painful on Elizabeth's shoulder. She planted the weapon into the stone with a clatter, easing the weight from her tired and bruised body. The noise didn't deter the children from squabbling.

"Am I going to have to kill you?"

The creature's eyes flashed differently for a moment, daring Trevor to try, "Do you think you can?".

"Do you think either of you can? If you're really Belmonts and not two runts running around with a family crest, you might be able to." She saw the monster's finger twitch slightly. She watched as a sword flew towards her brother, stopping just before him. The creature was challenging them. "Let's find out." He hissed.

"Belmont, you can't do this!" Sypha went back to pleading, Elizabeth was tired of it. She snapped back, "Tell that to your floating vampire Jesus here," motioning to the sword pointed at her brother's head.

The vampire went to make a remark but was silenced by the crack of the whip, it slammed against his stomach and sent him flying towards Elizabeth. She quickly used her sword to vault herself into the creature, making quick slashes with her knife. The monster strafed from side to side, dodging her attacks. It hissed at her before grabbing her throat and throwing her out of the way. She quickly turned mid-air to land on her hands and feet. Trevor didn't miss a beat and began slashing and twisting the whip at it, the creature protected himself by using his sword to block. Elizabeth huffed before sliding across the stone, narrowly avoiding the whip and coming behind the creature. It spun around and used the sword to direct Trevor's whip towards her, the thin leather tore at her shoulder. Her skin burned. She furiously tried evading both the whip and the sword.

"Please, stop this! All of you!" Sypha's cries were lost on her in the sound of crashing and snapping with each crack of the whip. The men were arguing again, Trevor was still convinced that this was Dracula. Whilst his gut was normally right, Elizabeth felt a pang when he said it. Dracula couldn't move an entire underground complex without the city falling in from above, it didn't make sense.

The vampire managed to get through the whip, leaping into the air like a cat. Trevor cracked the whip again, sending the beast to the back of the room. It stayed where it fell for a moment, visibly shaking from the fall. Trevor advanced closer, ready to kill it but his beast wrapped the incoming whip around its sword. Shit.

Elizabeth, dived for her sword, quickly trying to yank it from the ground in order to rescue her brother who was grappling with the vampire. Come on! She yelled internally. She could only stand and watch as Trevor was forced into a sword fight with only a short sword. The pair grunted and snarled at each other with each clash.

It used its incredible speed to fling her brother across the room. The sword shuffled from the stone. The blade groaned as it swung free. Elizabeth looked back up to see Trevor kneeing the creature in the crotch.

"Please, this isn't a bar fight. Have some class" It said, just before Trevor head butted it back. Trevor staggered. The creature smiled. It launched him across the room again with a swift hit. Elizabeth regained her breath before sprinting to aid her brother. His short sword almost hit her as he sacrificed it to give the beast a large gash across its chest, parallel to the previous one. The monster was seething with rage. It punched him and went for his throat.

"Do you have a god to put a last prayer to, Belmont?" Its fangs were inches from his jugular.

"Yeah. Dear God, please don't let the vampire's guts ruin my good tunic." Before it could react, Elizabeth jumped onto the creature, her sword under its throat. She held the blade firm with a hand on the hilt and a hand on the blade. The monster was frozen.

"I can still kill him," it said, still gripping onto her brother.

"You can, but it won't stop me taking your head."

"But he'll still die" the monster seemed confused.

"I don't care, killing you was the point. Living through it was a luxury," Trevor coughed, smiling at the vampire. The trio felt the heat as Sypha appeared by their side with a flame in hand, "I will incinerate you before your fangs touch this man's throat".

"I thought I was your legendary saviour?"

'So, did I. But he saved my life and I won't allow him to die" She had a fiery look in her eyes.

The man took another look at Sypha, then Trevor and gave a side glance to Elizabeth who still pinned him in place. He smiled, head butting Elizabeth to make her move back. She fell back, holding her face as blood trickled from her nose. Her sword was about to take her legs as it balanced it in his hand effortlessly, inches from her body. "I apologise, I doubt you would have let me go willingly," He helped her to her feet and continued, "This is good, very good. A scholar and twin hunters. You'll do". He went back over to the coffin, pulling a long coat from it and pulling it over him. The siblings were in shock.

"I am Adrian Tepes, known to the Wallachians as Alucard. I am the son of Vlad Dracula Tepes. I've been asleep here in my private keep under Gresit for a year, to heal the wounds dealt by my father when I attempted to stop him unleashing his demon armies".

Sypha spoke up, looking at the twins. Her posture made her look superior, her body language reeked of glee. "He is the sleeping soldier," she said, brimming with pride. Elizabeth pulled her brother to his feet.

"I am aware of the stories," Alucard replied. Sypha blushed at him, eliciting a grumble from Trevor as he collected himself. Elizabeth ripped the edge of her cloak and bandaged her hand; her nose had thankfully stopped bleeding. The siblings look battered. "Do you know the whole story?" Alucard asked Sypha.

The woman sheepishly nodded in response. "The sleeping soldier will be met by a scholar and twin hunters." Alucard continued, now looking at the Belmont twins.

Elizabeth looked to Trevor, "No one told us," she was beginning to really dislike Sypha as the woman tried to hide from her. She held her good hand out to Alucard who still had her sword balanced in his hands. His nails have her unease, they looked more like claws. The vampire twirled the blade, offering her the hilt which she dragged downwards quickly. Alucard's pale skin peeled apart as the blade moved out of his grasp, if he was in pain, he didn't show it. He kept his amber eyes on hers without so much as a flinch.

"Why do you think my grandfather tried everything to make you two stay?" Sypha said quietly. Elizabeth just glared at her. The small woman shuffled awkwardly on the spot, fiddling with her sleeves.

"I hate Speakers,".