3. I Remember Everything

KARTHIK:

It's not so easy to clear your head when all you have got to think is about the only girl that's stuck in your mind.

I cannot shake of the image of Aakanksha.

She has become more beautiful, more confident and those expressive eyes...!

Gosh..! What's wrong with me?!

I never imagined I will meet her again and that too for a job as my PA.

Ofcourse she doesn't know that I will be her boss.

But still....

After our college she kind off disappeared. And never expected I will see her again.

Currently I am in the study room in my house trying to do some work.

Running a hand through my hair I sighed for the hundredth time.

The file I was trying to read was on the same page for the past one hour.

Leaning back on the chair I closed my eyes when Vishnu my best friend walked in.

"Hey bro what's up?" Vishnu asked sitting infront of me.

"I saw Aakanksha today. In my office." I said getting up from the chair.

I walked to the bar that's on one end of the room and poured some wine in two glasses.

"Who? That bossy girl from our college?" Vishnu asked surprised.

"Yes, the same. But she is different now." I said handing him a glass.

"Different means?" He asked with a small frown.

"I don't know. But she is different. I kinda feel attracted to her." I said taking a gulp from my glass.

Vishnu chocked on his drink hearing my reply.

"What?!! Are you serious?! What about Siri?" He asked.

"What has Siri got to do in any of this?" I asked confused.

"Aren't you guys dating or something?"

It's my turn to chock on my drink.

"Who the hell said that?!! We are not dating. And I am single. Mind you" I said shocked by his doubt.

"Thanks for the confirmation " Vishnu said sarcasm dripping in his voice.

"And I have appointed her as my PA." I said finishing my drink.

He gulped the liquid in one go.

"Ok I am not listening to this now. Or I will be getting more shocks than what I can handle for the day. I am leaving. I have few appointments to finish off." Saying he got up and left.

MONDAY

I entered my cabin sharp at 8.

The very next minute Aakanksha entered the room. Not bad, on time.

"Good morning sir" she greeted with a broad smile on her face.

That smile is worthy to die for. How I missed seeing the smiling face of her's..!

Why am I even getting attracted to this girl? I don't know.

But it's a feast to the eyes seeing her with that smile on her face.

"Morning. I think you already know the job description."

"Sort files, go through mails and reply to them, accompany to the meetings, take notes and all" I said coming straight to the point.

She doesn't has to know that I like her.

"Yes sir. I think I have got an idea on what a PA is supposed to do." She sarcastically replied.

"And one more thing."

"Call me by my name when we are not around other people. It's little awkward when you are calling me 'sir'" I ignored the sarcasm and said air quoting the word sir for more effect.

"No problem with that." She said chuckling.

"Okay your cabin is next to mine. You have got all the things you need on the table." I said dismissing her.

AAKANKSHA:

That arrogant man.

Hmph.

No pleasantries nothing.

Speaking like a king to this world.

Same arrogance, same top of the world attitude, he hasn't changed a bit, except he looks more handsome than before. I thought with a dreamy sigh.

Control you stupid heart.

Get a grip Cherry!

Atleast he asked me to call by his name when we are alone.

I gasped seeing the room given to me.

It's such a huge space with all the furniture and a table in the centre.

Room is painted in white. A baby blue couch near the window, a small coffe table infront of it. A big dark coloured table in the centre of the room and a small adjustable and movable shelf next to the table towards the wall. All the neutral cool colours making the room more bright and giving of a pleasant feeling.

There's a laptop and a mobile phone on the table with a sticky note saying for official purposes.

I logged on to the computer to see the mails already waiting for me to be sorted.

Before starting my work I opened the YouTube and selected my usual music playlist.

I cannot work without music.

It's more like 'Music for life, Life for Music' kinda addiction. It's my escape havean.

After sometime I knocked on his door and entered the room to see him on the phone.

Placing the files that needs his signatures I was about to go.

"Hey Cherry can I get a coffee?" He asked rubbing his forehead still on phone.

Annoyance is clear on his face. Who might that be on the other side of the call..?!

"Yea sure." I said and went to prepare his coffee.

"Hi, can I know where the kitchen is?" I asked the lady in the reception desk.

Only few people work on this floor.

She looked up and asked "You are?"

"Oh yea, I am Aakanksha, PA for the boss. I thought you already knew about me.?" I said extending my hand for a handshake.

"It's you..! I was on leave when your interview happened. I am Saara by the way." She said with a smile taking my hand.

"It's nice to meet you. I need to make the coffee for the boss man. He seemed really annoyed. So directions please?" I asked again.

"Then you should better hurry up. It's far right side of the floor." She said showing the way.

Following the directions I reached a mini kitchen and began making his coffee.

By the time I entered his room he was signing the files I placed before.

"Your coffe Karthik." I said placing it on the table.

Listening to my voice he lifted his head, without breaking the eye contact he took his cup and had a sip.

"You remember how I preferred my coffee?!" He asked surprised.

"Double strong with no sugar. Yes I remember everything about you."

It just slipped from my mouth before I can think of what I was saying.

I closed my eyes for a brief second and opened them.

Confusion and shock are clear on his face.

"I have work to do. If you will excuse me.." saying I came out of his cabin and rushed into my room.

'What is wrong with you idiot. Control yourself.' I scolded myself, took few deep breaths to clear my head, plugged in my ear phones and resumed my work.