25. What?!

AAKANKSHA:

On the way to office I informed Rahul about the get-together. He is silent for a few seconds and said an ok.

Very few words were exchanged. I wish he would be back to normal or atleast share what's bothering him.

Reaching the office I headed to the kitchen to make our coffees.

Entering Karthik's cabin I saw him speaking on the phone.

A hard look on his face said something was very wrong.

"It was our PI. All the leads are pointing to our rival, Viraj, CEO of 'Diaper Buddies'. But cannot prove it 100%. There are many loose ends." He said after the call.

"But why?!" I asked shocked.

"He want to be number one. He was trying for too long, but couldn't beat us. So he is playing these cheap tricks." He said fisting his palms to control his anger.

"Can't we do something now. I mean we know that it's them right?" I asked handing him his cup.

"No love. As I said there are many loose ends. We need more solid proof to lock him up. The only advantage we have now is, he doesn't know that we are suspecting him." He said sighing.

I was so deep in thought that I didn't notice Karthik kneeling infront of me.

Taking my hand in his "What's the matter love?" He asked.

"I am worried about you." I said looking into his eyes.

"Nothing's going to happen to me or our company. I will take care of it. Please don't stress yourself love."

"Your health is more important to me than anything else. You just take care of yourself and our baby. I will take care of everything else." He said kissing my palms.

After a few minutes I returned to my cabin to finish my work. There are no meetings today. So technically it's a free day.

A few hours into the work, I was exhausted. Past few weeks I was getting tired easily and now I knew the reason for that. The initial stages of pregnancy is so tiring.

I thought of laying down for sometime on the couch in my room. As I was getting comfortable, I got a call from Rahul.

"I am waiting downstairs. I need to talk to you. Come down."

"What happened Rahul?" I asked getting up feeling excited and anxious to meet him after a long time.

Reaching down I saw him waiting on his bike.

He has a beard, dark circles around the eyes, a very tired face, messed up hair.

"What happened to you? Aren't you feeling well.?" I asked worried.

He is always a well groomed fellow. Not a hair will be out of the place. Seeing him like this made me worried like anything.

"It's nothing pinky. Get on the bike. I will tell you on the way." He said starting the two wheeler.

It's common for me, him coming out of no where and we going for a ride without a destination. So I didn't think much and got on the bike.

After an hour or so we were still driving.

"Rahul where are we going?" I asked to which I was met with his silence.

"I didn't even tell Karthik that I was going with you. He will be worried Rahul. Stop the bike. I will call him." I said to him.

"Stop talking about him. I am with you right now and you are worried about him? Think about me dammit. All you talk is about Karthik." He said turning his head to see me.

"What are you saying Rahul? Ofcourse I will talk about him. He is my love and my husband." I said clearly confused.

"No. He won't be any more. I love you ok? We will marry today. You will forget him." He said still facing me.

There's a block on the path and the bike lost control. My head hit the road. Rahul shouting for me was the last thing I heard before blacking out.