21. Floating In The Air

AAKANKSHA:

It's been few months after Goutam's incident. Police had called me twice to take statements.

After that I don't know what happened to him. I didn't bother to ask either. I had left the issue to Karthik and that's it. 

It's not like I am insensitive or I was the victim. If not me there would have been another girl in place of me and she would have been the victim. These fellows should be punished in the most gruesome way possible.

Thank God I didn't get nightmares or I don't even want to imagine how I would have coped up.

Coming back to my life, I was happy like never before. We had many dates, road trips, picnics what not.

And much to my dismay, Karthik had started picking up and dropping me to office everyday. Though I find it hectic for him I also find it endearing.

Among all these happy moments there's little tension that's keeping us on our feet. The culprit behind the fire accident all those months back was still missing and the fashion designer as I suspected was the one to order the low quality fabric, was also missing. The PI we hired was still investigating who is behind them.

Right now I am getting ready for a date with Karthik. Picking up a knee length purple dress I added accesories and in no time I am waiting for Karthik.

Stopping the car infront of my house Karthik came out and opened the door for me.

I started traveling in car with a condition of opened windows though.

Moreover it feels comfortable only when Karthik's driving. I feel nauseous in other's driving.

That's a surprise. Rahul and Rohit don't stop bickering about this when ever they get the chance.

"We have been begging literally, to come in car so many times." Rohit said glaring.

"You remember that trip? We cancelled going there because we had to travel in car and she said no?" Rahul said to Rohit.

"Yea.. that was such a good trip we missed. Everyone that went were flaunting their photos just to irritate us." Rohit said sulking.

This was one of such bickerings where they would irritate me to the core.

"You look beautiful baby" he said kissing me.

"Thanks" I said shyly. Yup. Me being shy. That's possible. Got to know after being in love with him.

"Where are we going?" I asked after sometime.

"You invited me for a road trip for the first time? We went to that forest like place? That's where we are going." He said not taking his eyes of the road. I just hummed for that.

A comfortable silence engulfed after that. Cool breeze, slow music playing in the car, small smile on our lips.

Peaceful.

That's how I felt at that moment.

We reached the place after sometime. Getting out we entwined our hands and started walking a little deeper.

After a few moments, a path of rose petals started.

"Wha.." I started but Karthik spoke cutting me

"Don't ask questions, just walk" he said.

Is that anxiety I hear in his voice? I kept quiet and followed the rose petals.

Petal path ended near the water lake. I sucked in my breath taking in the surroundings.

There is a table near the lake. Candles in glass containers placed around the table, the trees around us were decorated with the same candle containers. The floor around the table was scattered with rose petals.

Mesmerizing..!

Turning around I saw Karthik kneeling on his knee with a ring in his hand. I gasped seeing him.

"I am not good with these speeches. So, I will directly come to the point. Marry me Cherry. I love you so much and there is no life without you. So please make me the happiest man alive, Marry me." He said looking at me.

I walked slowly with misty eyes and shaky legs, fell onto my knees before him.

Taking his hands into mine I kissed his palms and said

"Yes..!" "I will marry you.!"

He smiled broadly, sliding the ring onto my finger he lifted me up and twirled me around.

Laughing I placed my hands on his shoulders for support.

"Stop it. You will make both of us fall." I said still laughing.

That giddy feel you get when you are so happy, you feel your heart so light, like floating in the air...

That's how we both are feeling right now.

"Come lets have dinner" saying he dragged me to the table.

"And these beautiful flowers are for my beautiful fiance" he said giving me a rose flower bouquet that was on the table.

"Thanks. These are lovely." I said taking the bouquet and inhaling the fragrance.

"You could have proposed after eating. Am starving now." I joked.

"Actually the plan was, if you say yes, we will have dinner here. If you have said no, I thought of taking you staright to your flat." He said trying to control his laugh.

"What would have happened to the food and arrangements then?" I asked playing along.

"Simple. I would have brought Siri here after dropping you."

Seeing my shocked face he burst out laughing.

"Idiot, you're joking in this matter? I will see your end." I said getting up from my chair.

He stood up and started running trying to escape me.

"Stop you idiot. I will kill you." I said running behind him.

After few minutes he stopped running I reached him still with the intent of beating him.

Going near I started punching.

"Ouch..! Stop it baby." Saying he hugged me.

I tried restraining him and in the process we both fell down.

I was on top of him and he was looking at me intensely.

Tucking a loose hair strand behind my ear he said "I was joking baby. I know you would say yes. I cannot imagine anyone else as my life partner. It's only you my love." and kissed me deeply.

"Come the food will get cold" saying he helped me get up and we had our food with small talks here and there.

While returning "how did you manage to arrange this?" I asked getting curious.

"Rohit and few others helped me. Rahul and Rohit know about this." He said smiling.

"Really?! I can't believe this. They hid it from me! Anyways can we meet them now? Please? I want to see them." I asked with puppy dog eyes.

"No need to look cute for this. We will go. Ask them where they are." He said shaking his head.

Smiling broadly I took my phone and dailed Rohit's number. After asking where they were I disconnected the call. "They are in the pub."

"Okay. By the way, how is Rahul behaving with you these days?" He asked.

"He is not speaking to me like before. I think he is still angry about us. And moreover some issues are going on in his company. He is stressed out. He will be normal after a few days I guess." I said shrugging. He just hummed in response.

I found my friends in our usual place. Waving my hand we walked to them.

Smiling I showed my hand with the ring to them.

"Ho, you accepted! That's great congrats both of you." Rohit said hugging us both.

"Yea congrats" Rahul said with a tight smile looking at us.