19. Will Fight The World For You

AAKANKSHA:

"What you did is not correct Akki." Priya said after sometime.

I am laying on the bed with my head on Priya's lap.

"Just reverse your places and imagine. Something is bothering Karthik, he doesn't share it with you not wanting to worry you but Vishnu knows about it. How do you feel?" She asked running a hand through my hair soothingly.

That's when realisation of how Karthik must be feeling hit me.
Guilt consumed me and tears started to flow.

"Shh shh, it ok sweety. He will understand your point in hiding. Just talk to him" she consoled.

KARTHIK:

It was almost midnight when I reached Cherry's flat. Both Rs were sleeping on the couches in living room.

I entered Cherry's room to see her still sitting so deep in thought, that she didn't notice me.

"You should be sleeping." I said. She squealed surprised hearing my voice.

"What happened?" Priya who was sleeping next to her woke up with a jerk.

"Ho it's you.! Ok I will go to my room then. Good night guys" saying she left.

"You are still angry? Am sorry Karthik" she said in a small voice.

"No am not angry."

"There's no need to lie. I can see that you are angry."

"No Aakanksha, I am not angry. I am hurt." I said facing her.

"Please Karthik, listen to me.." she started.

"You listen to me. I am hurt because I realised your friends are more important to you than me. You couldn't share something that's related to your safety with me."

"Did I do something wrong? Why couldn't you trust me enough to share your problem with me? Or is my level of importance only that much that you didn't feel the need to share it with me?"

"Stop it Karthik. Do you realise what your are talking?" She stood up from the bed and walked to me.

"Please understand, he was threatening your life. He was blackmailing me to leave you or he would kill you. How could I say this to you."

"You wouldn't have left me alone if you knew about this. I didn't want to worry you. You already have problems going on in the company. I didn't want to burden you." She said tears flowing down her face.

"I didn't share this stalker thing with them. Rohit saw my mobile. That's how they got to know about Goutam. Or I wouldn't have said this to them either. You are more important to me than anyone else Karthik. I love you. Please stop comparing with my friends."

I understood her point in hiding this from me. May be I would have done the same thing.

Taking her face in my palms I kissed her deeply.

"Stop crying. Am sorry too. I shouldn't have shouted. But never say that you are a burden to me. I will fight the world for you, to keep you safe and happy." I kissed her again.

I hissed when she touched my bruised knuckles.

She gasped seeing the bloodied hands "How did this happen?"

"I may or may not have punched that bastard to pulp." I said fisting my palms anger raising with the mere thought of him.

She silently dragged me to the bathroom and cleaned the wound.

Making me sit on the bed she started doing the first aid.

"Why are you crying?" I asked when I realised she was controlling her tears.

"I can't see you in pain." she said sniffling.

How did I get this lucky? "It's not paining love. That's just a small bruise. Come let's sleep." Saying I made her sleep next to me.

Pulling her to my chest I circled my hands around her waist and the exhaustion of the day took over.