23. Married

AAKANKSHA:

It's the day of our marriage.

Everything is set for the ritual to begin.

We decided to go for a very simple registered marriage with Rahul, Rohit, Saara and Priya from my side and Karthik's parents, Vishnu and Siri from Karthik's side.

Karthik's parents have accepted me with open arms. They are more friendly than I expected.

"You are still angry on me?" I asked Rahul.

"It doesn't matter Pinky. But I will miss you." He said hugging me.

Breaking the hug, he cupped my face. "Take care of yourself ok?"

"Stop it Rahul. You are saying it like we won't meet or talk again. I am not going to another country. I am just changing the locality after marriage. That's all" I said tears forming in my eyes.

"Guys everything's ready. We should go inside now." Rohit came after finishing the formalities and noticed the situation here.

"Come on Rahul. Don't make her cry. We are supposed to support her idiot." He said and joined us in group hug.

Karthik was standing at a little distance from us. I reached him slowly. He smiled, taking my hands in his' he kissed them.

After sometime, going through the formalities we were finally married.

"Take care Cherry. Don't forget we are still your friends ok? We will always be there for you." Rohit said hugging me.

KARTHIK:

After the marriage, we all went to a restaurant to celebrate.

In the evening everyone wished us once more and parted their own ways.

Now me and Cherry are on our way to my home or should I say our home.

All her stuff was moved into my house yesterday. Living a solo life all these years, it's exciting to have someone with you and for you for the rest of your life.

"Everything's ok?" I asked cherry who was oddly silent all the way. Opening her eyes she looked at me with a smile

"Yea. I am having these mixed feelings. Am happy and sad at the same time. Happy that we got married. Sad that it's not the same from now on."

Taking her hand I kissed it and just smiled. I can understand that confusion.

After reaching the house we got down. I heard a small gasp from her to see she was taking in her surroundings with her mouth agape. I smiled seeing her reaction.

It's not a mansion but not small either. It has four bedrooms, a study, kitchen and huge hall, a small garden in the front.

"Do you like it?" I asked reaching her side.

"I love it. You maintain this garden?" She asked admiring the flower plants.

"No there is a helper for this. Come we will go inside." Guiding her into the house I locked the door.

Pushing her onto the door I trapped her from not moving. "I have waited so long. I cannot control anymore." I said kissing her.

"I didn't ask you to control either." She said looking at me.

"Are you sure cherry?" I asked again. "Without a doubt hubby."

That's what all I wanted to hear. Lifting her bridal style, I carried her to our bedroom and placed her gently on our bed. That night was blissful.