32. Sad

KARTHIK:

The doctor came in the morning to check on Cherry.

"BP is stable now. She will be conscious in a few hours. But we need to keep her in observation for few days." The doctor said.

Saying a small thank you, I sat on the chair that's next to her bed. Taking her hand I kissed them and rested my hand on her palm.

Our friends came with food and fresh set of clothes.
I told them what the doctor said. They sighed in relief.

"Thank God. You go and freshen up Karthik. We will stay here." Rohit said.

"No. I will freshen after she wakes up." I said still not moving from my place.

"You know, you are stinking. She will faint again if you are like this when she wakes up. So now go and freshen up." Rahul teased.

Shaking my head with a small smile I went to freshen up. That's true though. I was stinking.

After a few hours she started gaining consciousness. Slowly opening her eyes, she took in her surroundings. I rushed to her.

"How are you feeling love?" I asked cupping her cheeks.

"Like I woke up from a very deep slumber. Only difference, my body is sore." She said with a small smile.

I closed my eyes and kissed her forehead.

"You gave me a heart attack baby." I said touching our foreheads.

"Ok love birds, let us meet our friend" Rohit said.
Chuckling I got up.

AAKANKSHA:

Priya was feeding me breakfast.

"I am not hungry." I whined for the 10th time.

"Ho shut up and eat. I am already tired. Don't irritate me." She scolded.

She is always like a mother when it comes to me.

"I told you I will feed her." Siri who was sitting next to me on the chair said.

"I told you guys I will eat by myself." I added, but it fell on deaf ears.

"No one will feed my boo except me. Her husband is an exception though." Priya said glaring at Siri.

She just shook her head chuckling.

Karthik, both Rs and Vishnu were sitting on the couch discussing something.

At some point they stopped talking and were observing us bickering with a small smile on their faces.

"What's the update on the building Karthik?" I asked after sometime.

He said everything our PI said. I sighed in relief knowing the culprit was caught.

"The casualties in the blast?" I asked bothered to know the answer.

"Cherry.. leave those worries to me. Take rest love. You are still weak." He said not answering my question.

"It will be all over the news in sometime Karthik. I can know by watching the news. But I prefer listening it from you."

"There is nothing you can do by knowing about it Cherry. Now stop talking and take rest." Rohit said seriously.

Rohit never snaps. He is the most cool and collected one. Now seeing him react like this is freaking me out.

"You guys are scaring me. Please tell me." I asked scared.

"Ok enough both of you. You are not helping, but increasing her anxiety." Rahul interfered.

Sighing Karthik spoke "20 people are injured. 5 people died. But.." he hesitated.

5 people died.! But? There's more. Fear gripped my heart.

"2 among the 5 are babies. One is 6 months old, the other is 1 year old. Their mothers also died. The other one is the staff helping them rescue. In the process she lost her life too." Rahul finished.

I gasped listening to them. Tears started running down my face.

Karthik was by my side hugging me and rubbing my back. "Shh shh.. calm down love. Control yourself."

"Because of our rivalry, some innocent people died. This is not fair. They are just babies Karthik. Indirectly we are also responsible for their loss. Do something Karthik. Do anything." I cried not knowing how to express my feelings.

"Today is the hearing love. He will be behind the bars in no time. We have solid proofs to prove everything he did. He cannot escape."

"We will offer compensation to the people suffered. I know this is not enough. But it's the only thing we can do." He said.

"Ahh!" Cherry gasped squeezing my hand.

"Love?"

She shouted again holding her bump.

"Cherry..!  Call the doctor !" I yelled panicked.

For a few minutes it's chaos. Doctors rushing inside, nurse sending all of us out, Cherry shouting in pain.

Everyone was as pale as a ghost, shaken by the turn of events.

They are waiting for the doctor to come out.

After few minutes the doc came "She almost went into labour. It's not good for both baby and the mother, if she get contractions again. The blast news is taking a toll on her. Try to distract her from that news. I will prescribe some medicines that will help with the anxiety "