4. Eternal Love

KARTHIK:

I was shocked with the way she just reacted.

Sipping the coffee I let my mind wander around her memories.

Coming out of my class, I noticed Cherry talking to some guys.

She was wearing a jeans and a T shirt, her long hair held with a small clip, a big watch on her left wrist. She is the Tom boy of our college.

With one hand on the guy, patting him with other hand she is warning him about something.

She can be a rowdy when wanted to be.

Even the guys take a second thought when they have to confront her.

As soon as she saw me, she patted the guy one last time, waving a finger on his face came to me with a smile.

"Who is that poor guy? Why are you warning him?" I asked her.

"That was a friendly chat! I was being very nice to him." She said in an offended tone.

"That asshole is disturbing Ramya. She is not interested in him but still he is forcing her. So just gave a friendly advice." She said with a cheeky smile.

"I don't want to imagine how it will be if you are giving a real warning then." I said putting a hand on her shoulder.

"Prff whatever."

"Hey there's a new chaat shop opened recently. Pls can we go there? Pls pls?" She asked giving puppy dog eyes.

You won't even believe if someone says she was the same girl that was warning a guy a few minutes ago. That cute she looks right now.

"What?! Won't you get tired of the junk food?"

"You ate yesterday only. Now you are asking to eat again? Not happening. You are spoiling me with your food habits." I scolded trying not to submit to her cute face.

"Pleeeeaaaaasssseeeee" she asked with a small pout.

Okay, now it's hard to say no.

"Fine. This is the last time. You won't be eating any junk food till our semester ends. Okay?" I said firmly.

"What ! That's like one week from today! How can I survive without panipuri?!" She shrieked.

Drama queen.

"Yes. It's just one week. Now do you want me to join you for that chaat or not?"

"Okay fine. I won't eat. Now come lets go" she said glaring.

Where does all this fat goes! I mumbled under my breath.

"I heard you" she said turning to me folding her hands across her chest.

"It's supposed to be. You eat this much junk food and you are still this lean. Where does all this food go?" I asked.

"I do yoga and workouts remember? I always tell you to join me for the jog. But you being the lazy fellow, are not doing any exercise and becoming fat. See." she said poking a finger into my stomach.

"You are dead now. I am fat? I have six pack" saying I started chasing her, with our laughs filling the area we were walking.

I smiled remembering the memory.

Those were the blissful days.

But what happened suddenly for her to disappear without any word for two years.

I sighed rubbing my face and started doing my work.

"You have lunch meeting with the US clients in one hour Sir" Cherry said entering my cabin.

"Why are you calling me 'sir' " I asked ignoring about the meeting.

She has confused look on her face and then made a O when she realised what I was referring to.

"That was out of habit Karthik." She said with a smile.

How much I missed that soothing smile.

I still remember, me wishing to see her smiling face whenever I was having a bad day in the past.

Sighing I stood up.

"Okay let's get going then."

"Two minutes, I need to bring my bag" saying she rushed to her cabin which is next to mine.

"Bye, I will see you tomorrow" she said waving to an employee.

"Hey, you were saying about that movie. Aren't you coming back?! I can't wait for the cliffhanger reveal.!" The guy she was waving to said.

"Hahaha I will tell you tomorrow, I promise." Saying she waved again and came to me.

All the while I am seeing there exchange tapping my foot impatiently.

"Done chit chatting?" I asked irritated.

There was this burst of jealousy spread through me while they were talking, which shocked me to the core.

"Sorry! I was telling them a movie I saw last week. Seems like he is more eager to know than the others." She said with a sheepish smile.

Not replying I entered the elevator and she followed behind.

"What's the plan for the evening?" I said once we were seated in the car.

"Thinking to go for watch shopping. There is one wrist watch I saw the other day. I want to buy that" she said with a dreamy look.

"Your love for watches hasn't gone then? Aren't you bored of having so many watches?" I asked not understanding her obsession for wrist watches since we were students.

"Getting bored of watches?! Never..! Those are my eternal love and also panipuri" she winked with a smile.

.

"Here we are" I said stopping the car infront of her house.

After meeting I joined her for the watch shopping.

To say it was amusing is an understatement.

At one point she wanted to buy 10 watches at a time.

Stopping her and making her change her decision was one hell of a task. With a big pout she finally gave in and agreed to buy two watches for now. Silly girl.

"I had a great time." I said turning to her.

"Me too. Thanks for stopping me. You know in the watch shop" she said with an embarrassed smile.

Chuckling I said "not a problem."

"See you tomorrow then. Good night"

"Good night Cherry" I said smiling.