Do...you like me?

"Forget the butterflies,
I feel the whole zoo; when I'm with you..."

Sasha pov

I kick open the door of the closed at it was liked and mutter a curse when I see Star passed out on the floor. I can feel her pain through the bond but I can't figure out exactly where she's hurt.

I rush towards her quickly but gently sweep her up bridesmaid style. It's and uncomfortable position because of our height difference but I don't dwell on that too long before rushing put of our bedroom and leaving the door open.

I rush down the stares and see the Alpha just as he was about to walk out the door but don't say anything as a push past him and hope in the back of the head I won't be punished for it later.

I use my enhanced speed to get to the pack doctors office which is like a mini hospital and the receptionists looks at me concerned. The hospital is kind of busy because of the fight and shifters getting there wounds patched up.

The receptionist directs me to a room where I lay Star down as I stared at her concerned and become fidgety. A male doctor comes in after a few minutes and hooks something onto my mates finger, encasing it.

"You said she passed out from pain yes?" He asks me getting straight to the point as be slides on some elastic gloves and I nod.

"Your becoming fidgety and I'm sorry but that's a distraction so if you could head outside and sit." He asks or more like tells me and I feel a fight coming up but push it down when I see another nurse, this time female come in and I realize I'm wasting space.

I nod, even though he's not looking at me and the nurse slides on another pair of elastic gloves on and began to touch certain parts of Sky's should blades.

Walking out of the room and sitting down with a few other shifters who look concerned while others look angry I can't help but think how Star is not going to like that they touched her. I don't think she like physical touch at all for that matter if I'm honest.

I try to guess what could be wrong with her but come up blank. She didn't say anything and I'm starting to think she likes to ignore her pain. First the Bear trap and now this.

I sit in the lobby for a while, just thinking and being concerned when a nurse finally comes out and calls my name. "Gamma Sasha?" I shoot up and walk to her and she starts to talk to me while walking the down the white hall.

"Your mate, Star, is completely fine." I exhale loudly an relief. But not I'm confused. "Than what's wrong with her?" The nurse smiles at me as we turn down a hallway.

"Something a lot of shifters don't realize is when they shift back any umhealed internal damage is going to transfer to the human counter part. Apparently Star has a thoracic and/or lumbar fracture just to the bone and not anything deeper. Usually this would gave trauma for humans but a different story for us. Her body was still trying to heal it at the time but it was unable to fix something so deep and internal."

I nod along with everything she says as things start to make sense.

"So as she moved around the part of that fracture that was healed kept fracturing again and there for making a growing pain, and the body was using so much energy to heal it that she passed out from exhaustion and pain."

I understand now, "can she still move around and be as she was before?" The nurse shakes her head and I frown slightly.

"She needs to rest and slow down while her body slowly heals the bone so she can move. I'm sorry to say she will have a new loophole to hit during fighting but in general she just needs rest."

We stop in front of a door and she opens it without any hesitation to reveal my mate sitting up with furrowed eye brows. I walk towards the side of her bed quickly and smile at her, hearing the door close behind me.

Star doesn't look up and seems deep in thought so I clear my throat. Het head shoots up almost as if I startled her before she looks at me and something flickers in her eyes.

"I won't be able to move for a certain while, correct?" She asks as if its the most normal thing ever.

I nod with slight disappointment in my eyes that she seems to miss. "Okay, well can you tell Mari to cone here and-"

"Star," I cut her off.

She looks at me and I continue. "Are you okay?"

She nods as if I'm over reacting. I scoff.

"Wow okay, how long have you been feeling the pain?"  She thinks for a minute before opening her mouth. "Since the fight is a little after."

A humorless laugh escaped me and I began to pace around the room. "So let me get this straight; you decided to not take a rest after a battle- and I mean I get that because we had a meeting and such but you felt pain and didn't feel the need to tell me or get it checked out for yourself!"

I take a deep breath and hold my hand out when she tries to speak. "Look Star, I get that your used to being on your own except for Mari, taking care of yourself and such but you need to understand that...I- ehem I care for you a lot."

"Maybe you don't care about yourself-"

She cuts me off harshly, sitting a little straighter in the cot. "You don't understand-"

I cut her off this time.

"Okay then Star, help me, help me understand because goddess you are confusing. One minute you could be cuddling and talking with me and the next; you recoil as if I was a venomous snake. And I don't know- I don't know if you even..." ?

I take a deep breath and stare into her angular eyes.

"Do you even remotely like me Star?"

Ahhhhh I'm back!

This is relatively short but in felt bad for being so generally inactive for these few months.

Mental Health

Okay yeah, the original reason I left was because of school starting but turns out I have panic disorder. Look it up because its literally 12:38.

School

I am literally failing Spanish because if this new teacher and a presentation I have been working on can at least get me to a d or c. Pray for me. Plus I have a math project due on Tuesday bug I'm also going camping this weekend. F my life.

Not that any if this is an excuse but more so and explanation.

I will now be posting every Thursday or every other Thursday. (girl you know you lying 💀)

Tomorrow I will post a new character listing because why not plus I might be changing the cover once again.

Bare with me and Star, I beg of you.

Love you all and see you Thursday →♥

[Not edited, birch its late asf]