Cuddles and a hard day 1

SLIGHT GORE, BLOOD, BODY PARTS TW

Star pov

I was walking into my bedroom when I heard a startled and loud scream from the room down the hall.  I immediately freeze when I hear a small thud and run towards the sound.

I knock and all I get is a growl from Chris.

I swear to goddess if they're fucking right now.

I take in a deep, internalizing breath just in case I walk in on something that will scar me for life and turn the door nob.

What I see is Chris in the middle of the large bed with my sister passed out in his arms. His head immediately snaps towards my figure and pulls her a little closer into him.

I raise an eyebrow and walk deeper into the room. "What the heck happened? Are you guys okay."

Instead of speaking he just jerks his head in the direction of the wall of windows along the back wall, slightly blocked by the headboard of the bed.

I walk there and pull the curtains aside only to freeze at the sight of brain matter and blood coating it.

Taking in a deep breath I slowly turn away from the window and run to the trash can around the side of the bed and throw up all the food from the light lunch I had after training.

I can hear Chris shuffling around on the bed before he comes behind me and pulls my hair back for me thankfully.

Soon I start dry heaving, having nothing more in my stomach to regurgitate before I stop all together and rub the back of my hand on my chin to remove the saliva and sit back on my ankles.

I sit there for a second and just breathe while Chris rubs my back and pats it without saying anything. Finally getting myself together I stand up and look at him than Marissa on the bed, than back to him.

"Did you murder someone?" I looked him dead in the eye when I ask my question.

He quickly shakes his head. "Nah, I think...someone fell off the roof into a woodchipper."

I tilt my head at him. "If you believe that's a coincidence you must be crazy. Come on let's get a better look."

Chris looks behind him at Marissa who is still passed out cold before shrugging and walks out the door behind me. Locking the door from the inside so no one can get into the room unless Mari wakes up.

We walk down the steps, taking two at a time and we walk into the back yard. I felt a really bad disturbance from the mate bond between me and Sash as the grass tickles my exposed ankles as it seems to be of lack of mowing and absent-mindedly let my wolf caress it. Sending good vibes even though we are uneasy ourselves.

As we walk I stop and Chris looks back at me in question. Lookin down I see why the ground suddenly got a little damp.

This part is soaked in blood from the eyeball rolling on the ground and hitting the heal of my shoe.

I'm suddenly not sure if everything left my stomach. I just whip my head up and keep walking.

We finally come right into the back of the house where the wall of it breaches the back yard. And behold the yellow, now red, woodchipper that sits right under the window of Chris and Mari's bedroom.

I can smell the teared flesh and iron in the air and gag a little. I see Chris get closer to look inside the thing and I'm shocked at how unaffected he is by the gruesome scenes. I wonder if Mark could tell me a little bit more about him later.

He shakes his head and looks at me. "I don't think this is a pack member, an official one anyway because I didn't feel a bond break with them when they died. But can't be too sure because I can't even identify the gender much less who they are."