The Border

"I'm insecure, not blind. I know I'm fucking gorgeous."
A/N Felt

Sasha Pov

I look around the pack as I make my way to the border and try to figure out what I'm looking for.

Mothers play with kids and their laughter almost makes a smile rise on my face against all odds of the day. Fathers, smile joking with each other and being men while watching the other members of their family with a glint in their eye.

A little girl runs into my legs but I don't fall over, and I look down at her. She has a very cute little afro and her brown eyes look confused as if she's trying to figure out why she couldn't walk through me.

"Sammy, really!?" An annoyed voice of another women speaks and I look up to see almost a carbon copy, but older version of the little girl running up to me. Although, I guess the right term would be that the little girl is a copy of her.

"Mommy!," the child giggles as the older one wearing a beautiful orange dress that flares around her like fire picks her up and throws her over her shoulder. I notice the girl frown at the term of endearment but quickly fixes her face when she notices my staring.

"Gamma Sasha! Miciela Saumaya, I am so sorry my sister ran into you." She follows the usually pack rules when talking to higher ups by reciting her name and I smile but confusion flushes through me.

"It's okay Miciela, but I thought the pup called you mother?" I almost curse myself for my own blunt curiosity. This is really none of my business. I should learn to stop talking.

She looks sheepish and puts Sammy down to run to other pups, before looking back at me. "Yes well, she was too young to remember our mother, not allowed to know our father, and I guess I fit the role in her head." Sadness comes through her eyes but I also see burning rage.

I want to ask more but catch myself. "Well nice talking to you Miciela, I have to go to the borders now though." I smile and she smiles back.

Nodding she grabs my hand and brings the back if my palm to her forehead, "Gamma."

I walk away but not after being momentarily shocked at her movements before. I had never noticed her being part of the group of females I hang around, filling with shame and embarrassment, I make the promise to mend that later.

I finally reach the tree line after a few more moments of walking but don't see anyone. I feel my wolf come behind my eyes and looking deeper into the woods. I step closer, almost exactly touching the birder but a voice yells my name, stealing me and my wolfs attention.

"Gamma, over here!"

I walk over to see Panther and a few other warriors in baseball shorts and panting heavily as if they ran hard in their wolf form only moments ago.

"What's up?" My question is asked lightly, despite there urgency for calling.

I get no answer to my question except for many faces filled with fury. They step back and reveal a body. I growl, loud and upset and feel the mate bond stir in the back if my head.

The body is pretty mangled but I still know what it is. The scaled sewing on its joints and above where its eyes are suppose to be, but blank and bloody sockets stare back at me.

The body is that if a Caucasian male that has never gone out in a day of his life making him extremely pale. A extra finger suits on both of its severed hands and I can see the sharp teeth of its mouth as it hangs open.

"How did it get here?" I ask after takings in a deep and calming breath.

Panther answers me. "We don't know Gamma. I was on border control today when I smelled its  old scent. Its wasn't that old, a day, give 'er take a few hours. Followed it and these other warriors joined me as they picked up the scent as well and found it eating a deer. We mauled it and it was too weak to really take all three of us."