The Warmth of a Cold Touch - Kosma x Reader

Requested by -BRONNIE.
Written by MaTcHu0210.

...

The doctor was pretty strict with work. If she caught you slacking off, she would reprimand you and force you to buy milk tea—not that you were a slacker anyway. So when she came in this morning with an odd assignment that was non-work related, you were more than surprised, to say the least.

"Y/N dear, could you watch little Griseo for me? Her parents are out right now and I can't watch her myself." Mobius asked.

You looked at her confused. "You're assigning me to... babysitting duty?"

Mobius grinned. "Why yes~"

And so you went to Griseo's room to watch over her while her parents and Dr. Mobius were busy with other tasks. You didn't think the task would be too difficult and for the most part, it wasn't.

You watch Griseo as she paints on her once-empty canvas.

You and Griseo were in a small room with some paintings from Griseo hanging on the wall and some parts of the room being painted over as well. There was a portion of the room dedicated for Griseo to paint. Another section of the room had a bed fit for about two people and a small table for anyone to use for eating or working. You thought that the table was probably for Griseo's father to work while watching his daughter. Or someone else perhaps..?

It was somewhat soothing to watch to your surprise. Every little stroke the girl had made was put into the canvas with utmost care. The strokes were as gentle as a mother caressing her child for the first time. The different colors mixing together was intriguing.

But most of all, you were watching the way her arm was moving at such a steady pace. Her fingers were as still as stone and yet as fluid as running water. Her arm and hand were moving together to create a beautiful painting.

You stare at her as she gracefully paints her picture, almost enviously as she moves her arm for the painting.

"How long have you been painting Griseo?" You ask.

Griseo stops painting for a moment to reply to you. "Ever since papa taught me. I think it's fun."

"What are you painting?"

Griseo puts the wooden tip of her paintbrush to her chin as she stares at the canvas. "What I feel from you." She says. You raise a brow, not understanding what she means.

You lean forward to see what she has been painting. It seemed to be a wide field of grass, but there was a divide. On one side there were small trees and some bushes. But on the other side, there was nothing but a dirt path and the shining sun. But despite the other half of the field being completely empty, the painting seems complete—only needing minor adjustments such as shadows, shining, and some extra details for it to be considered finished.

You tilt your head at the painting. "This is what I feel like to you?"

Griseo nods. "It's not finished yet."

Before you could ask about the painting any further, you hear the door to the room opening. You look back to see a young boy walk inside.

"Kosma!" Griseo says, looking at the boy.

Kosma waves. "Sorry, I'm late."

The boy, whose name was Kosma, stares at you as you sit beside Griseo.