Valentine's Day - Sakura x Reader

Requested by wickeddreamns130.

...

Imagine this. Parent A and Parent B are amazing cooks. They can make the most foul-smelling ingredient into a delicious meal. You would think their child would inherit their talents.

Well... you'd be wrong.

You were a terrible cook. It didn't matter how much you were taught, you were simply unable to produce a single dish that was good enough to eat. Most of your food was inedible. No one could eat it without heading to the hospital straight after. Even you managed to land yourself in the emergency room.

Since then, your parents have been in charge of cooking your meals. They stopped after you moved out. Of course, they were worried since they couldn't make your meals anymore but you assured them that you could just order your meals online or go to the convenience store.

This all changed when you met Sakura, a coworker from work.

Speaking of the woman, she just got off of work and handed you a bento box. "I'm sure you find today's meal to your liking. It's your favorite after all."

"Thank you, Sakura. I don't know what I would do without you."

She truly was a lifesaver.

"You'd probably be making unhealthy food choices right about now."

You pouted. "It's not my fault my cooking is bad."

"Yes, yes." She watched as you devoured your meal. "Don't eat too fast or you'll choke."

"Okay~"

"Don't talk with your mouth full either."

You swallowed the contents inside your mouth before sending your friend an apologetic look.

"Sorry."

One day, you'll repay her for her kindness.

...

The opportunity soon came by in the form of Valentine's Day. A perfect day to express to Sakura your gratitude for the year and what better way than to cook her something sweet to eat? But first, you need to take some safety precautions.

The last thing you wanted was to send her to the emergency room which is why you turned to the resident doctor for help.

"I don't understand."

Turns out, the man was more confused by your request than anything.

You looked at him with furrowed brows. "What don't you understand?"

Haven't you explained everything clearly? What could Su be confused about? Your questions would soon be answered by the man himself.

"Why do you need me to be there when Sakura eats your food?" He asked.

Ah, so that's why he's confused.

"For her safety." You explained.

Silence.

"Your food can't be that bad."

"Oh it's bad. Trust me. But as long as you're there, my food will actually taste good. Edible." You're getting off track. "I just need you to supervise and make sure I'm doing everything correctly."

"..."

Seeing that this conversation was going nowhere, Su agreed to your request. "I doubt that any harm will befall Sakura but I'll be there if that's what you want."