What Matters Most - Kevin Kaslana x Reader

Requested by Jessica4089765.

...

The sound of typing was heard within the corridors of the building. Everyone had long since gone home. All except for you. You decided to finish up your last assignment before heading home. As soon as you hit the final button on the keyboard, you rolled your chair back and stretched your arms over your head, relieved to be done.

"All that's left is to have this submitted for review." You stood up from your chair to shut off the monitor. Then you checked your phone and found that it was 10:00 PM. It was much later than you expected. "It's already that late? I haven't noticed."

Elysia sent you a couple of messages within the last hour.

Elysia: (Y/N), do you remember what today is? Make sure to come home early.

Elysia: Kevin isn't answering his phone. Is he still at work?

Elysia: Have you two gotten off work yet? Everyone is waiting for the two of you.

'Kevin is still here?' You look towards the place where you last saw the male, only to find it vacant.

You look back to the messages Elysia left.

(Y/N): Kevin isn't here.

Elysia's reply came in a few seconds.

Elysia: How strange. He hasn't returned home yet.

Your fingers move across your screen.

(Y/N): I will look for him.

Elysia: Make sure the two of you pick up flour on the way home.

(Y/N): Okay.

Elysia: ^v^

You smiled at the emoji Elysia sent. Knowing Kevin, he's probably working overtime again. Did he return to his workspace? You head down to his department and enter the dark room.

"It's dark in here." You turned the flashlight on your phone since you couldn't find the light switch. "Elysia said that Kevin hasn't returned home yet, but that was a few minutes ago." Could he have left during that time? "Hmm?"

You found Kevin sitting at the far end of the room on one of the computers. He had his earphones on and his eyes were trained on the screen in front of him. No wonder Elysia couldn't get a hold of him. He was too focused on his work to notice that Elysia had texted him.

'How typical of Kevin.' You thought.

"Kevin?" He didn't turn, too engrossed with whatever it was that was on his monitor.

Feeling a bit mischievous, you shined your flashlight in the direction of where Kevin was sitting at. The man notices and turns to find you standing there with a smile on your face.

Kevin takes both earphones out. "Is something wrong?"

"The problem is that you're here instead of at home." You walk closer to the male as you closed the flashlight on your phone. "Elysia texted you."