Hope for a Better Ending - Elysia x Reader

Written by MaTcHu0210.
Requested by empresspug.

~•~

"This should work... it has to..." you say, holding a remote control.

You watch as you remotely maneuver a drone, its metal glowing as it moves forward with its mechanical legs. The camera in the drone continued to walk through the halls of the lounge and onto the entrance of the realm.

You gulp, this wasn't the first time you attempted this experiment.

But you hoped that this was the last.

You move the control stick forward, and the drone moves forward. Bright light starts to envelop the screen of its camera. As soon as the light fades, the drone's camera feed starts to glitch. It shows a glimpse of the stone halls of the outside world. It was dark, and the drone could not see much.

Before the drone could move any further, it started to fall apart. Each piece of metal and wire starts to disintegrate into broken lines of code and faded Honkai energy.

You sigh in frustration and disappointment.

You grab a small tablet and tap on the screen, opening a file. "Experiment #52 Status: Failure. Will need to analyze previous data further to see what went wrong."

You close your eyes and steady your breathing.

You're so close...

So close to leaving the Elysian Realm...

So close to giving everyone a second chance...

So close to... giving Elysia her happy ending...

You open your eyes again, looking back at the tablet in your hand. "I just need a way for the energy conversion and data transfer to sustain itself long enough for the object to materialize into actual being..."

You begin the walk back to your lab as you continue looking through the data on your tablet. But as you walk, you notice that the lounge was a bit quiet... too quiet.

Where is Elysia...?

You look around the lounge to find that only two other Flame Chasers were there. Eden and Su, but they were not the ones that you were expecting.

"Have you seen Elysia around? I haven't seen her in quite some time..." you ask.

Su tilts his head. "Perhaps she's with someone else."

Eden shakes her head. "I had thought that Elysia was with you."

Eden notices that you were wearing your lab coat and holding your working tablet. She also notices the pen that was on your ear. A typical position for the pen to be when you were working.

Eden sighs. "Ah (Y/N), always working it seems..."

You shake your head. "Perhaps I should pause the experiment... Where did you see Elysia last?"

"I last saw her come by your lab, but she's not with you it seems... I haven't seen her the entire day, which is odd because she would usually be waiting here for when a successor would enter the realm. "

You look down worriedly.

Elysia's missing...

You turn to Eden and Su. "I'll check by my lab again, perhaps she's waiting for me to finish work."