Never Let You Go - Yandere Aponia x Reader

Requested by YueNPC.

...

"We ask that every Flame-Chaser report to the counseling room every week." Dr. MEI informed. "Those who are absent will be notified of this development. Does anyone have any issues with this decision?"

"..."

It all began when the raven-haired scientist proposed a new program to be instilled right after the Tragedy of Binding. The incident caused a devastating blow to their forces and left many feeling hopeless. The woman was hoping for people's mentality to improve upon the implication of the project. Aponia looks around with her vacant eyes. Not a single person expressed their disagreement with the decision. Whether it was because they didn't care or that the decision made no difference to them, she didn't know, but it became apparent what the scientist was striving for. The war has stolen many things from them. Dr. MEI was trying to alleviate the suffering brought by the Honkai. It's a matter of whether or not anyone was willing to get help after such a tragic victory.

"I expect everyone to have checked in with their therapist later this week. You're all dismissed."

And so, the meeting was concluded. They were free to go. Some left immediately upon dismissal while others linger to mingle with their colleagues. Aponia chose to stay. Even as the room empties, she remains there, motionless. Aponia has no idea what to make of this new change. She cannot foresee if the outcome will be good or bad for her. Eventually, she decided to comply with fate's verdict.

Aponia has never been able to fight against destiny.

...

"Good morning, Miss Aponia." You greet the blonde-haired woman. "I'm (Y/N) (L/N), your therapist."

The blue-eyed woman looks up to you. "Therapist?"

You nod. "I'm sure Dr. MEI has informed you of the recently implemented program, correct? I have also received a tip from someone that you would appreciate my services."

Aponia glanced at her feet, considering what you were offering to her.

She looks up. "I admit that I have been experiencing some... discomfort."

"What kind of discomfort?" You move closer to her. You did not take her gesture to heart. "Nightmares perhaps?"

The blonde-haired woman nods. "When I close my eyes, my mind is plagued with the children's peaceful faces. I feel numb when I look into their lifeless eyes. A part of me died when they departed."

"I understand, Miss Aponia." When she looks up, your brilliant smile was all she sees. The woman was captivated. Was there such purity in this rotten world? Such beauty? Her hands clench together. You continued speaking to her, unaware of her emotions. "Mourning is the way of life. It's inevitable. Time will lessen your pain. People will heal your wounds."

"People?" She repeated. Aponia leans closer to you until she can smell your perfume. There was a sense of lull that envelops her. "Does that... include you?"

A bright smile envelops your visage.

"That's why I'm here." You said. "To help you heal."

Your purpose was for her. You were willing to lend her your hand. Something bloomed in her heart. Unbeknownst to her, she clings to your hand.

"Thank you, sweet (Y/N)."

...

The next meeting was a simple get-to-know-you kind of discussion. Aponia was the one bearing the questions while you provide her with your input.